Thorn is calling..

Discussion in 'Trading' started by thorn, Oct 4, 2006.

Where will the s&p be at year end?

1. Above 1350

52 vote(s)
    47.3%
  2. Below 1350

33 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. I don't know/ good to have you back thorn!/ what are you doing back thorn?

25 vote(s)
    22.7%
  1. volente_00

volente_00

B1S2, what thorn is implying from this thread is he does not have the balls to sell the calls.

#31     Oct 5, 2006
  2. thorn

thorn

When the market gets a rollin, yes, it is easy to swing it further in the same direction.

#32     Oct 5, 2006
  3. thorn

thorn

I agree mr austinp. I appreciate your insight as well. Good trading to you.

thorn

#33     Oct 5, 2006
  4. thorn

thorn

will the 50,000+ members of ET please vote in the above poll. many thanks!

#34     Oct 5, 2006
  5. I don't know and don't particularly care where the S&P will be at the end of the year. I can't even pretend to see that far in advance, although the trend is obviously higher currently.

About the best prognostication I can usually manage is 3 to 4 weeks out and I'm not even sure about that right now.

#35     Oct 5, 2006
  6. I'm not completely certain I understand your point. In my own case, I do not ridicule those who make market calls. My skillet is exclusively reserved for frying assholes. (As you might imagine, I keep a window open at all times.) However, at the same time, I would never blindly follow the market call of another without a full understanding of the underlying premise. Would you? So, while a call may be either good or bad, right or wrong, I don't think most traders will find it as something to be thankful for.

You made two points at different times elsewhere in this forum, which now come to mind. First, you noted that people with somewhat of a higher profile for one reason or another tend do draw derision from those who envy them. You also pointed out that one definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different outcome. Therefore, since you know that notoriety will draw a jeering crowd, it should not come as a repeated surprise that those seeking attention for whatever reason will get that response. That's just the way it is.

#36     Oct 5, 2006
  7. Here's an example, RM. On may 10th I sold index futures.

Pabst

05-10-06 07:50 PM

Great comments Steve. As usual. Very similar to 1987. Dollar weakness, rising rates, and parabolic up move in gold. Stocks could only stay in their own little world for so long.....
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EqtTrdr

05-10-06 08:18 PM

Quote from Pabst:

"Great comments Steve. As usual. Very similar to 1987. Dollar weakness, rising rates, and parabolic up move in gold. Stocks could only stay in their own little world for so long..... "
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    disagree...

as long as USD moves down and gets crushed all assets across all classes will continue to inflate....

The fed wants to pay off US debt with worthless dollars all the while making the public perceive they are getting "rich" as the Dow hits "new" highs... imo
    ___________________________________________________--

Pabst
    05-12-06 07:41 PM

I tend to agree with that. However this reminds me eerily of the markets approach of 11,000 in March/2005. That's to say this correction could be close to 10% over the next month.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now who is it other than EqtTrdr who's blowing me shit this week! ROFL.

#37     Oct 5, 2006

8. Well put. :D

#38     Oct 5, 2006
  9. thorn

thorn

#39     Oct 5, 2006
  10. thorn

thorn

given the current poll results, its hard to see a fall in the next few days.

#40     Oct 5, 2006