Thorn is calling..

Discussion in 'Trading' started by thorn, Oct 4, 2006.

Where will the s&p be at year end?

1. Above 1350

52 vote(s)
    47.3%
  2. Below 1350

33 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. I don't know/ good to have you back thorn!/ what are you doing back thorn?

25 vote(s)
    22.7%
  1. volente_00

volente_00

My personal favorite was the call that 1180 was a top when he was posting as rubberbird.

#21     Oct 4, 2006
  2. Romeo oh Romeo....

Honestly I thought you'd have resistance where I did. When you didn't that was warning sign numero uno.....

#22     Oct 4, 2006
  3. i am in the +1400 camp - and I will admit it.

#23     Oct 4, 2006
  4. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

There have been two calls in this thread by Thorn. This is the first one using the word "at".

#24     Oct 4, 2006
  5. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

This is the second call where the word "by" is used.

#25     Oct 4, 2006
  6. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

So in summary, there have been two distinct and separate calls in this thread by Thorn. Good luck to you Thorn!

#26     Oct 4, 2006
  7. thorn

thorn

That's amusing considering that i'm sure I made ZERO calls on this thread. i only said that i guessed that the s&p would close below 1350 at the end of 2006, or December 31st 2006 to you.

#27     Oct 4, 2006
  8. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

As many know, I am a Thorn fan and enjoy reading his posts, threads and calls. I do occasionally enter the discussion to help keep things on the up and up. To that end, I believe there are three salient points here:

1. Public stating that a vote has been made in a poll as to where the S&P would be at year's end and a challenge to any to come up against that individuals belief, would be viewed by many observers as a "call".

2. Public admission of the desire to laugh at anyone thinking that the S&P would not top 1400 by years end would also be seen by readers as a "call".

2. The name of this thread is "Thorn is calling". The inference that many would draw would be obvious.

Again, good luck with the two calls. They may turn out to be very very good and fruitful. :)

#28     Oct 4, 2006
  9. thorn

thorn

Thorn is calling....nothing at the moment.

Title of the thread is "Thorn is calling", and the first phrase of the first post says "nothing at the moment".

Thorn is calling....nothing at the moment. Then it says "All I will say is that I THINK..."

Understand? When I see the next intermediate term top, I will start another thread called "the s&p just made an intermediate term top @..."

Let's not read too deeply into this thread. First, i'm only really interested in the polll sentiment. Second, i'm not very smart and the thread is what it is, nothing more.

#29     Oct 4, 2006
  10. thorn

thorn

I hear you loud and clear bro. I'm sorry it happened, life will go on.

One suggestion, try to stay away from political chit chat and specifically Zzzzloser. I've learned long ago that no one will ever change my political point of view, just as I will never change anyone elses political point of view. So I avoid talking politics on this board, and in real life. Just ain't worth the aggravation.

#30     Oct 4, 2006