Thomson One..>>>>> AT Financial

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by gimp570, Feb 24, 2004.

1. Ditto

#11     Mar 2, 2004
  2. gimp570

gimp570

I thought most people were happy with Esignal...I am also going to miss ATF Have you guys tried Thomson ONe?

#12     Mar 3, 2004
  3. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

Since people are mentioning eSignal here ...

The hardest thing in the world is getting a user to switch trading systems. If it is working, why switch?

But a number of firms came to us who were going to lose their old systems and we have made numerous changes to eSignal to be more like their old system. Most notably is the Time and Sales window and the floating or pop-out windows we added to eSignal.

There are a lot of things in eSignal not possible in their old systems, like back testing and custom studies (EFS). We continue to hear a few requests of other items users are looking for - like better news reader which we are replacing in 7.7 to improve it.

Hopefully, if you can make it over the learning curve you'll find some new gems in the product to help you trade better. Check out our latest 7.6 version here:

http://www.esignal.com/esignal/features/default.asp

Chuck
    @eSignal

#13     Mar 3, 2004
  4. Chuck,

It's good to hear your working on the improving the Esignal news reader in 7.7.

Will it be able to scan headlines for keywords and display related stories in real time?

Im a techinal trader, so I don't really follow the news, however I'd like something that could alert me to things like terrorist attacks as soon as they occur without having to have the news window open.

The news window takes up valuable desktop space so it would be handy to have something that offers this functionality.

Regards,

Runningbear

#14     Apr 16, 2004