Thomson One Analytics

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by philldunkan, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Hi

is this a good research and financial db resource?

anyone knows about it, price, features?

tks!

2. Thomson offers a range of products, generally of excellent quality and good bang-for-the buck, and this is true especially of Thomson1.

Certainly if you're seeking a "Bloomberg replacement" its worth a close look.

Drop my sales coverage terrence/dot/dyra/at/thomsonreuters/dot/com a line for pointers to more info.

3. Can you give me a price range?

4. I don't want to mis-speak, since it's highly dependent on what features are enabled & etc. But people often think in terms of ~half the BBG price when they talk about Thompson1.

Drop my sales coverage terrence/dot/dyra/at/thomsonreuters/dot/com a line for the real story, if you'd like.

5. Actually, if what you're asking is whether it's a retail- or institutional- level product, the answer is the latter. Pricing would be of the order of ~$1000/month. They aren't trying to compete with retail products such as http://www.esignal.com/.

6. phill, T1A is a great resource, but quite expensive imho, i use to have it when i still had a job lol

try googling: thomsononeim.com passwords
    and you probably get some working pass for a few days, theres a few working right now:

user: nlc
    pass: vacaria

user: jamhong
    pass: 49gh1956right

and so on

i guess thomson is constantly checking these leaks, but at least you can check their service for a few days for free

Hope this helps

7. Well, I guess that takes the level of the discussion down a couple of notches..

8. thanks for the info Rodney, I guess it's a little above my price range, although it's the best service of it's kind.

rob, thanks a lot, the password works great :D :D :D :D