Thompson Drops out, will this help Huck

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brandonf, Jan 22, 2008.

1. But you'd support a guy like (Huckabee) to be Commander in Cheif who wants to amend the United States Constitution to meet God's standard?

Are you out of your freaking mind?

:confused:

#11     Jan 23, 2008
  2. I'm not a Huck supporter, but all he suggested was the pro life and traditional marriage amendments, which have broad support and would only return the law to what it was for most of our country's existence. Personally, I'm as uncomfortable with Huck as CinC as I am with McC, just for different reasons.

#12     Jan 23, 2008
  3. Who said I support Huckabee? I've said several times that Mitt Romney is the best single candidate on either side. Admittedly, I don't like everything about him, but I don't think I've ever liked everything about any single candidate during my lifetime.

Each president must face different issues. Mitt is the best for the issues at hand.

But in defense of Huckabee and all the other GOP candidates. Overturning Roe v. Wade is very misrepresented by the democrats. It would give the power back to the states to make their own decision. It has nothing to do with amending the constitution.

Allowing family values with religious roots to be expressed in public settings also isn't amending the constitution. People simply shouldn't be forced to participate or agree with others' opinion. Complete elimination of religious expression in public settings is in fact unconstitutional. We have already in essence made de facto amendments through court rulings.

Anyway, I don't have much of a problem with the separation of church and state as currently upheld. My problem comes in the fact that those wishing to extend the separation of church and state in public schools say that students wishing religious teaching should attend a private school. At the same time these individuals enact laws that virtually eliminate the possibility of private schooling for most families. In most cases requiring double payment to do so. IOW, these people are essentially pro-school choice and anti-school choice at the same time.

#13     Jan 23, 2008
  4. This is one area I'm sympathetic to Huck. The federal courts have empowered the ACLU and other anti-Christian pressure groups to censor Christian free speech and to undermine democracy. Since the congress has failed to do anything, voters have every right to reverse the courts' activism through the amendment process.

We're not talking Spanish Inquisition here. None of these groups has suffered any discrimination. Like most liberals, their commitment to freedom of speech and religion is lip service. Disagree with them and they want a judge to shut you up.

#14     Jan 23, 2008
  5. Back to the Thompson thing. Seems like Mitt is already benefiting. Polls out last two days have Mitt dead even with McCain in FL now. Could be the TV spending.

Anyway, if Mitt pulls off Florida, its going to be a crap shoot between him and Mac for the nomination (no one else has a chance. Rudy is broke, and Paul is too out there to get more than about 6% of the national vote).

I believe Mitt would do a good biz type job, but doubt there is any way he would beat Hill. McCain polls better than Hill in a head to head (and no, Obama is not going to win the Dem nomination).

#15     Jan 23, 2008
  6. Back to the Thompson thing. Seems like Mitt is already benefiting. Polls out last two days have Mitt dead even with McCain in FL now. Could be the TV spending.

Anyway, if Mitt pulls off Florida, its going to be a crap shoot between him and Mac for the nomination (no one else has a chance. Rudy is broke, and Paul is too out there to get more than about 6% of the national vote).

I believe Mitt would do a good biz type job, but doubt there is any way he would beat Hill. McCain polls better than Hill in a head to head (and no, Obama is not going to win the Dem nomination).

#16     Jan 23, 2008
  7. Agree with you Jayford. It's between McCain and Romney, and I think especially if it goes to a brokered convention McCain will get it, because he has a better chance of beating Hillary. She will win anyway.

#17     Jan 23, 2008