Thomas Sowell on Racism

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wjk, Jul 15, 2013.

1. I knew this mother, she had the means and the opportunity to move to a better school district for her childs sake,, did she do it? Big fkin N-O, you know why, she liked the hood, she didn't give a shit about her kid in school. Her kid got pregnant and quit school @ 16, how many people had to tell her this would happen? 1 or one thousand.

Hand out all the vouchers you want, if the parent doesn't support the kid the kid will fail.

#11     Jul 15, 2013
  2. Ricter

Ricter

I think I believe about 10% of your stories. But the principle holds, I agree with you. There's a fair chance this is another human endeavor for which we cannot achieve perfection.

#12     Jul 15, 2013
  3. lol...the things liberals say.

#13     Jul 15, 2013
  4. pspr

pspr

That's 10% more than we believe of the crap that spews forth from your rectum mouth onto this forum, rectum.

#14     Jul 15, 2013
  5. What many people do not know is that with our current laws, you are not pigeonholed into sending your kid to a bad school if you live in a bad area. You have to jump through alot of hoops to get an interdistrict transfer and they will throw up alot of roadblocks by denying your transfer right away, then you have to file appeals and all sorts, but it is possible to the determined parent.

#15     Jul 15, 2013
  6. wjk

wjk

My view is simple. Raise the poor to the level of their potential, and only if they so desire to reach that level. Liberalism does not achieve that. It tries to lower everyone to the level of the poor in its pursuit of equality. Intentions may be good, but the results have been proven failures repeatedly.

Politicians who claim their goal is creating equality are liars, and only interested in furthering their own grip on power through whatever means necessary. When the poor realize that and vote accordingly, a new world of opportunity may arise...maybe. They should read all of Sowells writings.

#16     Jul 15, 2013
  7. Obama would prefer to not offer them.

#18     Jul 16, 2013
  8. Ricter

Ricter

Like affirmative action?

#19     Jul 16, 2013
  9. wjk

wjk

Affirmative action has placed unqualified individuals into position at the expense of qualified individuals. That is NOT equality to those who were qualified, and does not necessarily raise an individual to his highest level of potential.

#20     Jul 16, 2013