Thomas Peterffy says he owns some cryptocurrency because ‘you have to play the odds’

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by They, Jul 22, 2021.

1. They

They

2. Millionaire

Millionaire

IBKR stock price has been range bound for last four years.

The market has zoomed higher...

Peterfly being so negative on crypto trading back in 2017 wasnt a good move, IB should have embraced it back then.

johnarb likes this.
  3. RedDuke

RedDuke

When someone controls billions, investing few Millions into anything that might have potential ain’t a bad idea….

Nobert likes this.
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

Exactly. A multi billionaire throwing a few 10s of millions on something is not news.

5. Millionaire

Millionaire

The news is that he used to say cryptos were really bad and could crash the entire system and the bitcoin futures could take down the CME. That was back in 2017. Now he says he owns them himself.

murray t turtle likes this.
  6. RedDuke

RedDuke

why are you surprised? smart people can change their opinion when facts change. Only idiots are stubborn to ever admit they were wrong. And he is very smart.

TraDaToR and ITM_Latino like this.
  7. johnarb

johnarb

It makes sense to put 1-5% of one's net worth to bitcoin and cryptos, just in case

Should ET posters do the same as well? [hint]

8. Millionaire

Millionaire

In case of what?

If we own already own real estate and stocks why do you need to own crypto?

murray t turtle likes this.
  9. johnarb

johnarb

Ray Dalio, Paul Tudor Jones, Stanley Druckenmiller, Bill Miller, Thomas Petterfy, Winklevoss twins, Jack Dorsey, Elon Musk, Tom Brady, Paris Hilton, and many many more, own real estate and stocks but they also own bitcoin/cryptos

Why can't you own bitcoin/cryptos as part of your investment portfolio?

10. Millionaire

Millionaire

I can live in my house or rent it out, stocks pay dividends.

Bitcoin profits rely on me finding a bigger sucker to pay an even higher price than i paid.

#10     Jul 23, 2021