Thomas Peterffy - INTERACTIVE BROKERS

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Cazza La Randa, Oct 12, 2012.

1. they are only in non compliance becasue the rules are so convoluted that nobody in the government can tell them exactly what they need to do to be in compliance. For you to imply they are criminal, just becasue you don't like the founders political leanings shows what a mind numb dumb ass partisan hack you are. And that's why I don't ever want you or any other democrat ever in power. Thanks for making up my mind how to vote. I hope you all lose.

#11     Oct 27, 2012
  2. Options12

Options12 Guest

I think IB is in compliance now.

They disclosed that they were out of compliance due to an accounting error on their side. Their financial restatements corrected this error.

#12     Oct 27, 2012
  3. Obama worked out a deal. He said he would put them back in compliance if they stopped bad mouthing him.

#13     Oct 27, 2012
  4. maxpi

maxpi

That's why I'm voting for Obama. That guy can get things done!!

#14     Oct 27, 2012
  5. No kidding, Romney is still claiming he's not sure exactly who Peterfly is.

I just don't like this dumbass democrat bringing up obscure SEC filings to try to discredit Peterfly for no other reason than he is endorsing the republican party

I mean it, I am undecided in the truest sense of the word, not like these democrats who claim they are independent but have never voted for a republican in their whole life.

But when I read crap like that it just makes me want to vote a straight republican ticket.

#15     Oct 27, 2012
  6. maxpi

maxpi

the "debate by grenades and baseball bats" thingy couldn't be more offputting...

#16     Oct 27, 2012
  7. Brighton

Brighton

I wish we had more videos and TV advertisements like the one linked above. I'd much rather watch a really rich guy say something to the effect of...

"This is my story, this is what I think about where the country is headed, and this is why I'm voting for candidate/party X in November"

...than try to figure out which billionaire is funding which special interest group(s).

Soros, the Kochs, Buffet, Hollywood moguls, etc - I think they should all buy airtime and get in front of the camera.

#17     Oct 27, 2012
  8. that's why Einstein invented the atomic bomb

that way you get assured mutual destruction

#18     Oct 27, 2012
  9. and why would you rather not watch the story of a really poor woman?

#19     Oct 27, 2012
  10. Brighton

Brighton

OldTime - My comment may have needed some context. I know it's wishful thinking, but if we cannot get the mega money out of politics then I would prefer to hear from Mr. or Mrs. Moneybags directly rather than from the thicket of pressure groups, PACs, Super-PACS, 527s and so on.

Frankly, both the poor woman and Peterffy have plenty of advocates in, and access to, government. What we need is to hear more voices from the vast (but shrinking) middle. How hard can it be to find a plumbing contractor who actually owns a plumbing business?

#20     Oct 27, 2012