This would not be a prop firm, but is it a good idea?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by cashmoney69, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Mainly for a social environment.

#41     Feb 19, 2007
  2. romik

romik

IMO the less noise the better, maybe try & do a poll specifically on where people prefer to trade.

#42     Feb 19, 2007
  3. Maybe if I was able to find experienced traders, and investors who wouldnt mind sacrificing some of their time to help newb traders, or at least teach them the basics of trading/ investing in a real-time enviroment.

#43     Feb 12, 2008
  4. Our trading affiliate locations and groups essentially provide this type of service, and yes, the traders do like it. However, most growth is from Remote trading with online mentoring, management, etc. all live all day long.

FWIW,

Don

#44     Feb 12, 2008
  5. weitau

weitau

sounds like a good idea, but one of the problems is turnover. most traders will lose money, and when they are out, they will not come back. so you open shop in a large metro area. but then you will compete with prop shops.

The one good idea was to allow your customers to trade FX. FX markets are totally unregulated (no compliance issues) and anyone with enough capital can set up shop. So when you take in commissions, you'll at least make something to cover your expenses. (and it's more than the price of pizza)

#45     Feb 13, 2008
  6. I was exploring the possibility of operating a trading cafe with prop trading service.

Revenue will come from food/drink service. We will also set up a sub-LLC under a major prop firm.

I have some investors who will support my idea. One investor has the experience of running a cafe. We know how much is required to run a successful cafe, but we have no experience of running a prop firm. Anyone has ideas how much capital is required to operate a sub-LLC? Any suggestions?

#46     Feb 14, 2008