This Will Destroy eBay - Guaranteed

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ByLoSellHi, Jan 24, 2007.

1. There is small competition out there that will have better technology and not have to employ a gazillion people like Ebay does. Look at www.ioffer.com, it's a perfect example. Ebay has to keep jacking it's prices up to continue to grow profits, it's just a matter of time until the masses move to a cheaper alternative. [/QUOTE]

"Small" is right, but I don't know about "better technology" just yet. I went there for the first time and it took 30 seconds just to load the page. Ebay arguably has twice as much javascript, CSS, and Flash running in the background and only takes half that long to load, on a bad day, with how many more users?

I agree with your premise though. Ebay's days, like Wal-mart, and the mighty Microsoft are numbered. It's just a matter of time.

I don't know that Ebay "has" to jack up their prices, I believe they do it because they "can".

The stock has been in a downtrend for 2 years, wtf are you talking about? All of these issues have been known for years, so it seems like those who "thought" of em, have been selling the stock and/or shorting it.

Stick to Cramer idolizing, this stuff is too complicated for you.
    [/QUOTE]

You sir, have a good point. LMFAO.

#31     Jan 26, 2007
  2. Short EBay.

Time is running out on the CONTEMPT EBay has for it's customers.

(1) Buyers do not feel safe... because EBay enables fraud and then looks the other way.
    Any communication with EBay becomes a pure, deliberate mind f*ck on their part.
    I've bought about 50 items... but I would NEVER buy anything over $200 on EBAY.

(2) Sellers hate EBay.
    High charges. Arbitrary decisions and no security. Stores are just deleted without explanation.
    How would you like to have your business shut down with no explanation?

Most larger sellers move > 50% of sales off-site to evade EBay's charges.
    I've seen it many times.

Corrupt EBay is a sitting duck for an honorable, powerful competitor.

Enter Google.

As for liquidity... it will desert EBay very quickly once a legit competitor is there.

#32     Jan 26, 2007
  3. Men and women are equally intelligent...
    But have very different intellectual strengths and weaknesses.

Can you explain why roughly 95% of traders are men...
    And women have a near total lack of interest or aptitude in Zero Sum games?

#33     Jan 26, 2007