This week's slew of marketing data

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Comptalk, Sep 25, 2006.

1. We have a slew of marketing data coming in this week. What do you guys think the outlook is? Is it going to be rocky like last week?

2. The traders almanac forecasts about a 60% chance of a bear day tommorrow based on historical data. September has classically finished poorly. Its not a big deal. Since 1998, October has been very bullish.

My bet is that tommorrow will be a rocky day.

HOWEVER, a news report I just saw says that oil went down under $60 in Asia. This is very key. For the last year, many companies have blamed poor earnings on the rapid price increase in oil. I am betting that this will be bullish news for the market.

Well, we will see. . .

3. Yea, it seems like a toss-up. In terms of my portfolio, about 10% is in an Oil Refinery. Another 7% is in metals. While concerned about these stocks, I still believe Oil and Gold will rebound before the end of the year. Oil is so touchy; one blip from the PLO, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Nigeria, things can definitely turn it around. I would be surprised to see Oil go down below 60 a barrel today. It should be interesting to see what happens.