this volitility is cause for concern

Discussion in 'Trading' started by NY_HOOD, May 18, 2010.

1. Everyone has their own trading style/ strategy. For mine, recently I've been seeing over half a dozen signals per day for the contract I trade. This is my definition of high volatility.

#21     May 18, 2010
  2. Volume on these down moves is telling - we are moving up big over the next 2-3 months.

#22     May 18, 2010
  3. S2007S

S2007S

yipppppyyyyyyyyyyyyy Just like yesterday, drop the markets over 1.5% and rally them back to positive by 4pm.

:D

#23     May 18, 2010
  4. Why do you care? You don't have any money on the line.

#24     May 18, 2010
  5. Author Deco

Author from Latin auctor-----promoter, originator. or GOD
    Deco from Latin decorus---beautiful, graceful, charming, and proper.

Nah.

#25     May 18, 2010
  6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Most methods aren't suitable for exploiting volatility. In contrast, the few that are suitable for volatility...those are the traders that see above average increases in their profit levels whenever volatility shows up.

Thus, it's understandable why most traders don't like volatile market conditions because they know they'll do poorly.

By the way, I like when markets have increasing volatility. Just the same, I like changing volatility (breakout above or below a prior range)...good trading conditions.

Mark

#26     May 18, 2010
  7. Based on what? The charts?

#27     May 18, 2010
  8. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

i did'nt get the free fall signal yet but red flags are flashing. a close below 10,380 ..that was the close on May 7th, will more than likely mean a trip to 9900. thats another 400 points to be had.

#28     May 18, 2010
  9. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

That is what I said on May 18th...we did EXACTLY that. it could NOT of been scripted any better. why was I right? i watch the charts,not CNBC.

#29     Jun 5, 2010
  10. Over the years I have observed that those who can spell can't support their assertions any better than those who can't.

#30     Jun 5, 2010