This volatility was great today 4-9-07

Discussion in 'Trading' started by myminitrading, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Someone said it was back and here to stay so get use to it, who said that?

I belive them and was counting on some wild swings.

2. hels02

hels02

It may swing tomorrow:p. I'm expecting a slightly down day.

3. S2007S

S2007S

dow up 7 days now, could make it 8. Shanghai at another record high tonight.

4. it is frustrating being long this market though... 8 days of up at 1 pt/day is wiped out by 5 minutes of real selling. thats how the market feels.

5. vix goin' to 9 again? maybe 8??

nah, we going down from here...hopefully. we are consolidating/distributing for now.

6. how short are you?

7. i am not short, i just wanna volatily to pick up again and if we keep munching higher...

8. The reason why a single 5 minutes of selling can wipe out 5 days of gains without elevated volume is because the sellling is of very high density and therefor has a greater impact on the stock price in accordance to the energy formula . High selling density is denoted as a numeric value usually between .75 and a maximum of 1. Distribution, on the other hand, is denoted by 0 because there is no change in price (and hence no slope and creation of positive energy and or resistance to selling).

9. i'm not sure i buy that. buyer exhaustion can occur on high volumes as well. look at aapl pre-earnings for 07.

10. Tums

Tums

like superman... up, up and away !

#10     Apr 10, 2007