This virus is a nightmare within a nightmare...how can the markets be at all time highs?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by noddyboy, Jul 3, 2020.

1. noddyboy

noddyboy

2nd wave is already here without even the 1st wave ending...at this rate hospitals will be insufficient in TX and FL and nursing homes will be coffins.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

KCalhoun likes this.
  2. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Exponential deaths at all ages are underway. This nightmare is only just beginning. The shit is truly hitting the fan, sadly.

3. destriero

destriero

bc the SPX isn’t?

wiesman02 and KCalhoun like this.
  4. noddyboy

noddyboy

I am long QQQ and it is

5. heispark

heispark

The stock market climbs a wall of worry.........

KCalhoun likes this.
  6. ironchef

ironchef

Market is forward looking and is predicting a Trump win in Nov.

Trumpets are goosing the market to make things look good so Trump can win.

Fed printing money like mad, buying up debts like there is no tomorrow and zero interest. The money has to go somewhere.

Take your pick.

But FAANG & M all hit or near ATH.

I am trying to figure out when to get the hell out. :(

7. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Although my attempts to swingtrade short the recent rally have been an epic fail, I still believe a huge drop is coming soon..... the bs fed pump plus trump likely election loss plus cv surge etc... in the meantime I'm just gonna daytrade.

Market feels like the fcking Titanic right before the crash, I'm still calling bs on it continuing up forever.

I'm worried AF about this virus

8. noddyboy

noddyboy

Markets are predicting Trump will lose and I agree. He messed up the virus - even red states think so now.

SunTrader and Atikon like this.
  9. Turveyd

Turveyd

First Wave, First wave was suspended and resuming currently, all areas which where locked down to late and had a first wave are not getting a 2nd wave, and the more of the 1st wave happened the easier the rest of the 1st wave is.

When NYC starts running back up again, then I'm wrong ( Never going to happen ) and I'll get worried.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/new-york/

Peaceful so far.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/florida/

About 20days from the start of the continuation of the 1st wave, NYC nothing :)

No 2nd waves at all where anyones had it, and don't think it'll come back in the winter cause Florida I believe is hot, not slowing it down at all.

ps0013 likes this.
  10. southall

southall

"The markets can stay irrational longer than you can remain solvent"

Money printing is pushing the markets up.

Total market cap of the entire US stocket market is 30 Trillion, at all time highs.

When the S&P dropped to 2,200 it was like 20 Trillion.

That just shows how massive say $10 trillion in stimulus is relative to the size of the stock market.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    #10     Jul 3, 2020
    Space Alchemist, KCalhoun and NoahA like this.