This Trader Just Committed Suicide

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by bat1, Dec 30, 2010.

1. She needed a ride...(her husband was in the shop)

#51     Dec 31, 2010
  2. That's Ok ...plenty of room ..even for her husband....:p

NiN

#52     Dec 31, 2010
  3. For the record, I read this blog multiple times a day, and remember when they posted this a couple of weeks ago. Market sniper is a key contributor on the site and both the blog as well as market sniper are reputable. I'm 100% certain the story is true, there's no reason for him to lie.

#53     Dec 31, 2010
  4. I am also a member of Slope of Hope and will vouch for Market Sniper... there was no profit in him for posting this on Slope only to share his sadness with the group over his friends passing

#54     Dec 31, 2010
  5. the1

the1

There is a big difference between gambling and risk taking. Trading is not gambling unless you head into the markets without a clue what you are doing, which is where most people start. The part about pill popping? Well...to stay in the game it can become a necessity. Trading is a bitch of a profession.

#55     Dec 31, 2010
  6. the1

the1

Top suicide rates ranked by profession:

Food batchmakers (241)
    Physicians (222) and health aides (excluding nursing) (221)
    Lathe and turning machine operators (199)
    Biological, life and medical scientists (188)
    Social scientists and urban planners (171)
    Dentists (165)
    Lawyers and Judges (140)
    Guards/sales occupations were tied at 139
    Tool and die makers (126)
    Police, public servants (118)

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1588/what-occupation-has-the-highest-suicide-rate

#56     Dec 31, 2010
  7. cstfx

cstfx

I always thought cops were much higher on that list. I guess it depends on what part of the country you look at.

#57     Dec 31, 2010
  8. What is a food bm anyway? Why would I want to kill myself if the dough came out bad? Am I missing something? I can imagine the pay sucks, but c'mon.

#58     Dec 31, 2010
  9. Probably because cops were grouped in with DMV clerks, street-sweepers and dog-catchers.

#59     Dec 31, 2010
  10. Somebody commented that the story was just a fiction. Well be it real or fiction, I think it still served its purpose, and that is that we traders should learn how to use the break and stop sign when we have to.

To the OP, thanks for sharing that.

#60     Jan 1, 2011