This Trader Just Committed Suicide

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by bat1, Dec 30, 2010.

1. to quote OP:
    <i>....Slow down. Seek help, and stop for awhile if you need to. Trading, ultimately, may not be for you. Even though I believe <b>my approach is the best for most people</b>, it may still not be for you. Maybe you just weren't meant to trade stocks, period.....</i>

notice the subtle shrill.

#31     Dec 31, 2010
  2. This particular story is likely nothing more than a piece of fiction.

(not to say is doesn't happen though)

#32     Dec 31, 2010
  3. Why do so many of you expect journalists to care enough about a small-time independent trader's suicide to write articles about it?

The story could be 100% true and 0% documented by the mainstream press. I don't see what is so difficult to believe here. 30,000 Americans kill themselves every year. Do you really think a MSM article is written for each and every one of them?

#33     Dec 31, 2010
  4. There is a guy Ziad Masri who also trade in S&P futures and has a lebanese-canadian background. I hope he is not the same guy referred here.

http://www.blogger.com/profile/14121277288740658357

Ziad is my hero...i have liked his post about how to work hard in reading the markets correctly.

#34     Dec 31, 2010
  5. Exactly, I have no idea what most of these bozo's are continuing on about. It's very clear that most suicides are not going to make it into the papers unless it's a famous individual. Even in that event, there would be serious pressure to try and quash the story.

#35     Dec 31, 2010
  6. This article is shopped, I can see it because the guy is living happily and has made a 7 figure income in 2010 daytrading.

#36     Dec 31, 2010
  7. vinc

vinc

They say there is a high rate of suicides among dentists..any suggestions?? :cool:

#37     Dec 31, 2010
  8. local news always cover these type of things..that is why this post is b.s. it won't be in CNN or international news or national news but local news always has this and with facebook these days i'm sure it's on facebook network.

lots of fake and b.s. news ...can't believe everythign you read or hear in the news anymore. and never did.

old saying: don't believe everything you read in the newspapers..or now don't believe everything you read in the internet or TV or facebook etc.

there less integrity and honesty in the US markets than ever before...and same with news..it's all money motivated. get more ratings same with exchanges..the exchange is to make money for the exchange owners or major market participant not to create a fair order marketplace .

total b.s. man

#38     Dec 31, 2010
  9. I once chatted with an Episcopalian minister whose sole job was to counsel other ministers in his faith.
    He said the suicide rate among young ministers was alarming.

And speaking of Madoff's son, I know a man whose brother was a financial advisor in a southern state. He somehow got involved with Madoff thru a "friend of a friend", lost all of his clients money, and committed suicide with a handgun in the alley behind his office one bright morning. Left a wife and 2 kids.

#39     Dec 31, 2010
  10. I don't see why people are suspicious of this story. Do they doubt that somebody could love $900000 trading? Or that somebody could lose that money and then commit suicide? The "this would have been reported" argument doesn't fly. Suicides rarely get reported. They're really depressing.

#40     Dec 31, 2010