This thread contains the best Quant Humor of All Time.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bwolinsky, Mar 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think this kid is actually retarded.

Bowo...see definitions 1-3... actually they all apply to you.

#11     Mar 31, 2010
  2. Since this is a thread on humor, I thought I would offer this here. Read this... not in detail... you can safely skim through the retard's ramblings... but read for content. He went to someone with his plan to start a new stock exchange and they laughed their asses off at the fat f*ck sitting in front of them trying to tell them how important he is.

Also, note that this guy, the best system developer in the world, is advertising his success at growing $5k => $32k in two years... and he is "absolutely appalled" at the "disrespect" shown to him!

This is really great reading. Pure BoWo amusement and entertainment.

Thank you BoWo, for being yourself... and see definition #5.

http://themarketchatter.blogspot.com/2010/03/free-advice-that-hurt-me.html

#12     Apr 2, 2010
  3. Thanks. Did you see this?

http://www.slideshare.net/BWorldOmn...stock-exchange-corporate-presentation-3520428

This is even better. Don't read this with food in your mouth or you might die. You have been warned.

It's clear this is an ambitious kid who went to a 5th rate liberal arts school and just is not aware of his own limitations. He wants to start a private bourse (lol) and have companies' values determined by book value (lol ^ 10) and CAPM (hahahaha)!!!! Just see the slidshow.

BoWo... CAPM is dead. Even Sharpe himself admits that. You should probably try to get past CFA level 1 before you reinvent the wheel... Then you can learn how markets really work and maybe stand a chance to make some money.

Oh... did you see his Covestor performance????

Good stuff. As you said... couldnt make this up

#13     Apr 3, 2010
  4. bronks

bronks

I found this on his Facebook profile:

[​IMG]

#14     Apr 3, 2010
  5. I'm finding it hard to summon the utter arrogance required to assume any level of french royalty. It'd be a hard one for me to play. I'm pretty sure the Count of Monte Cristo would be how I roll with a 50 foot schooner. Even then, if I had the schooner now, I'd figure out a way for somebody I know to pay for gas since it's my boat.

SILENCE, I KILL YOU!

Nah, that doesn't quite explain it either. How ironic that I end up with a mountain of debt and a net worth that must be rapidly shrinking from unnecessary legal costs from giving the finger to the established financial regulatory authorities who had no issue with what I was telling them, and seemed open to the idea. I am in contact with the cme.

It'll be something like hopping the L to open the CME futures Pit as a Series 3 CTA. Is there any reason to think that's unreasonable given my level of insider knowledge of advanced back office operations?

No, it's not. Do I know how to code? Probably. Is technical problems something I can't buy my way out of the mess? Is it presumably that no one thought of this?

The idea is not new.

So, la belle et le bad boy

[​IMG] [/B]

It will only lose you more credibility to fight with me.

You know nothing, hell is only a word.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CwepN7xmUtE&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CwepN7xmUtE&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

La Belle et la Bad Boy mothafucka

#15     Apr 3, 2010
  6. For any random poster, pretending I have no credibility is the epitome of arrogance.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://washingtonwatch.com/info/widget.php?id=200515025"></script>

I must have had nothing to do with it. Yeah, not like I've been on a website to showcase my work for over 18 months now. Yeah. No credibility, just a financial scientist trying to make a buck or billion. I can't say if that's anything different than the average trader on this site, as that's for you to decide. I've seen much worse lulls in performance, including ones overleveraged that could possibly have led to 50%+ or 100% losses leverage wise.

Oh, BTW, when the market is not open, everything politically, economically, and creatively I think is at this site. Listen to this cool arab motherfucker tell you about the insane financial beat down posse running around in the background of the 30 minute video. Watch the 8 minutes that many people didn't know about. The bazooka that Paulson asked to defend our economy with.

All that, and I'll still throw in some more tooly tool and tooly tool cool motherfuckin' videos

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373142192641
    http://www.youtube.com/user/BWolinsky?feature=mhw5#p/f/22/Niv-aUqug6E

#16     Apr 3, 2010
  7. I think he's got you on ignore and not me... apparently my post got removed but thank god yours are still here hehe...

The irony here is amazing...

Yes, the concept of Beau alone is "quant humor" at its finest.

FWIW, I actually gave BW a listen, i.e. I went through the slideshow. Hey, there's no harm in listening to ideas, right? Well, truth be told, while the concept may have some merit (I'm being VERY generous with that last statement) the ideas behind it just aren't very good. I mean, he's thought about this from a 100,000 foot level without any respect for detail, risk and timeline and nearly anyone can do that... and then to throw out numbers without any sensibility... its called "hand waving" and anyone with even the slightest bit of sense will call bullshit right away. Which is what happened per his last blog post. Unfortunately, rather than listen (just like with your attempt at educating our dear Beau), he gets all emotional and spiteful at the critic.

Poor guy...he just can't handle the truth.

#17     Apr 6, 2010
  8. Yeah I gave him a listen too... and even the core idea is ridiculous. he's a kid that half-learned some stuff at a fourth or fifth rate school, couldn't pass CFA level 1, and tries to throw random crap in a presentation to impress people. It doesn't even make sense.

He obviously doesn't understand modern markets or how they find value. Shame he actually seems to have client money, but that's what you get when you put your money with some kid our in the boonies.

This is funny too:

>It'll be something like hopping the L to open the CME futures Pit as a Series 3 CTA. Is there any reason to think that's unreasonable given my level of insider knowledge of advanced back office operations?

A series 3 CTA???? Really BoWo? And when was the last time you were in Chicago? Do you know what has happened to the pits? Obviously, he doesn't.

He is amusing though. He's like the fat kid you used to torture in school just because he would freak out.

i'm still shocked that the performance of BoWo Pairs QLD QID BLAHBLAHBLAH BS Scalping System or whatever he ended up calling it didn't live up to his expectations. Absolutely shocked.

I have to apologize to the community here... I just don't have time to write a proper post to induce him to hysterics and a tantrum. Maybe this will do it, but if not I will write a proper one later this week. :)

#18     Apr 6, 2010
    • bowo.jpg
      File size:
      17.6 KB
      Views:
    #19     Apr 6, 2010
  9. This the part that worries me... those results are in BoWo's "real world". I wonder how long BoWo will keep using those stats on his websites? I would think that with those "perfect" collective2 scores BoWo knows more about "financial science" than any of us do :D

A 9.75 means everything, right? Who are we to persuade him otherwise? We certainly don't have an A+ from collective2.

#20     Apr 7, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.