This system has one loss per 5364 trades

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by 1a2b3cppp, Feb 17, 2018.

1. DeltaRisk

DeltaRisk

Yes, PM and/or haircut will allow you that leverage. It’s not hard to understand.

I couldn’t give you a strategy without excessive risk without a PM account, it’s that simple. I’m not willing to give out a working strategy unless you’re going to help me out, It is what it is.

You could maybe trade FOP’s to arb but that’s a PM, I won’t discuss openly. You’d be taking on excessive leverage and debt if the broker decides to change margin on you.

#11     Feb 18, 2018
  2. Humpy

Humpy

If you happen to have a spare million or two then only buy blue chip shares like Apple that pay dividends regularly.
    Betting on Forex will probably bankrupt you.

#12     Feb 18, 2018
    murray t turtle likes this.
  3. maxinger

maxinger

If you have only one loss per 5364 trades, it is a very lousy system.
    Because you are actually holding on to your multiple loosing positions and hence no actual loss but paper loss.

Or perhaps you are setting you stop level extremely extremely far away
    resulting in small gain but extremely high paper loss.
    So set you stop loss at appropriate level.

A good trading system should have around 50% to 60% success rate.

A lousy trading system has < 25% success rate
    AND > 90% success rate.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    #13     Feb 18, 2018
    SteveH and Xela like this.
  4. If you could “easily figure out how to trade with no losers” with 1MM, why can’t you do it with whatever you have in your account now?

#14     Feb 18, 2018
  5. schweiz

schweiz

Just make some extra losses to stay below the 90% and your problem is solved.
    Or give the system to me, I don't mind trading such a lousy system.

PM:this thread was again a fake one just to generate traffic. Again an alias from surf I suppose. It is funny how people start to react to the titles without even any posting with details. Tells a lot about the people posting here on ET.

#15     Feb 18, 2018
  6. DeltaRisk

DeltaRisk

I’ve made a bit of money, not on forex.
    But, I worked my butt off for it.
    Took quite a few years and more for it.

Economies of scale are the only reason I’m even here.
    It’s not as easy as you believe.

With 1mm, you can get access to many things not available to anyone with less than 100k. Clearly, that’s not going to make you profitable, but it does give you an edge.

If you’ve got 5-10, you can trade OTC products, on unfavorable terms, but you can still trade them. (I don’t mean penny stocks.)

Seriously, there are advantages to be gained.

In 2011, I’d say if you’ve got an extra $100 laying around you could trade bitcoin *wink wink*

#16     Feb 18, 2018
  7. Xela

Xela

This is definitely right. For the reason you mention, and for other reasons, too.

I agree about the principle, and about the practicalities underlying the point you're making, but I'd have gone a little bit lower for the first figure, there, myself.

#17     Feb 18, 2018
  8. This thread seems a good example of oooh... a big number! effect on forums. It says delete me on the first post but still has residual momentum.

I did an SMA cross on unirenkos once that will do similar to the thread title.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    #18     Feb 18, 2018
    murray t turtle and schweiz like this.
  9. kevinkdog

kevinkdog

This is why winning percentage is really meaningless (although psychologically could be useful), and expectancy is the important calculation. Like others, I have had systems with < 25% wins that do great, and systems with >90% wins that cost me a bunch.

#19     Feb 18, 2018
    zdreg, Xela and Slartibartfast like this.
  10. Kevin speaks the truth,

A question Kevin? I recall seeing on another forum a post from a few years back. You were running a large number of different bots (60-80+) in parallel each needing 20k ish (memory may be bad) capital. Are you still going with massively parallel?

In your book/course do you have a pathway to grow from say 20k? up in some reasonable time-frame?

#20     Feb 18, 2018