This sucks

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ElectricSavant, May 1, 2006.

1. do you and the wife get competitive at all with each other in terms of your/her trading?

#21     May 1, 2006
  2. yes very much..she is still talking about her 1% scalp...but she has the better shift...she gets the london open. its dead now.

#22     May 1, 2006
  3. he screwed up this afternoon ...did you see that in the spreadsheet? he lost $231.07 on one scalp without an offsetting win, and had to make it back...he blamed it on the market to you guys...what a moroon my Electric can be...don't let him fool you...

#23     May 1, 2006
  4. Oh geez, what did I start. :D

#24     May 1, 2006
  5. This is what she accomplished last shift...

8 trades, back-to-back with two losses from 1:28 till 4:56. These losses were taken correctly with cooresponding wins within a mouse click of each other...

she made $285.38 on 107k, getting as high as 16:1 leverage.

#25     May 2, 2006
  6. this market sucks a$$

if you look away, blink, use the restroom, take lunch..

you end up missing the 5 min computer trading program or the 30second Maria sound byte...

WTF??

market powers sideways until 30 seconds of news hits.. then back to power sideways

#26     May 2, 2006
  7. My shift before hers (usually starts when we get back from the gym and after dinner at about 18:00 or 19:00 and lasts until 1:00am), gave 3 trades and 1 loss for $95.51.

They were not exactly back-to-back trades, and this particular shift is the slowest time of Forex. I wish it were busier as this is my favorite time to trade (dinner and gym is done and its just me.. the trades.. and ET). I spend most of my time looking for the set-up during this particular shift. Wifey takes a nap in preparation for her London open, which she owns. Sometimes we trade 24 hours...first her for 4 hours then me....but I actually do not like the USA session in Retail Spot Forex...I gotta always look at the calendar to see what news is due. I do not trade news.

It is my shift now and I turned off the platform. I don't have anything interest positive to carry into the next shift and I really do not like to carry anything into he next shift as our gym time is 16:00. Wifey unlike myself lives on the clock and makes me wear a watch. I also work my day job from home and very rarely trade during the daytime (mst)

Michael B.

#27     May 2, 2006
  8. #28     May 4, 2006
  9. bvam1

bvam1

It's ok Electric. I took a nap and lost back half of the profits I made on Tuesday and Thursday. Slow days make me so sleepy.

#29     May 5, 2006
  10. #30     May 11, 2006