THIS STRATEGY, ???

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by MISSSNP, Feb 18, 2024.

1. MISSSNP

MISSSNP

2. schizo

schizo

I didn't read the entire article, but something smelled fishy when I saw the trading stat.

First, he claims:

To be clear, these are not backtest results. These are results from the trade report, which is based on live trades.

You got that? Live trades. But then what is this I see? He made 127 trades but NO COMMISSION! :wtf: Seriously, what am I missing??

upload_2024-2-18_1-2-1.png

long likes this.
  3. artak

artak

Promotion of another shit losing thing

Quanto likes this.
  4. Quanto

Quanto

@schizo, nothing wrong with $0 commission; it's nowadays normal with nearly all brokers... at least for stock trades.

5. Quanto

Quanto

Me thinks so too :)

6. d08

d08

Then you have to include slippage because slippage is larger typically for "free" trades.

Axon, EIDSTER and EdgeHunter like this.
  7. jnbadger

jnbadger

I don't pay commissions in my Roth, but I always assumed it was because I don't trade much in it, and Schwab (I used to be with TDA) makes their money from advisory services.

Maybe I'll start trading more actively in my IRA, LOL.

8. MISSSNP

MISSSNP

what about this one? this is the strategy that I am interested in, https://automatedtradingstrategies.substack.com/p/automated-trading-strategy-00-the

problem, this "woman" is charging $1200 per month for her substack letter...

I am not paying 1200, but if I could get a couple of traders together to share in the cost, maybe we can acquire this strategy/s... or if someone knows how to acquire the strat or knows what this is, share it, Thanks

9. deaddog

deaddog

There are no secret strategies.
    I'll share mine:
    Buy stocks that are trending upwards.
    Sell when the trend changes.
    Don't hold losers in your portfolio.

#10     Feb 18, 2024