This Sniper movie

Discussion in 'Music, Movies and TV' started by wildchild, Jan 20, 2015.

1. wildchild

wildchild

I don't get what the big deal is with this movie and why so many people are going to see it. Now I have to admit, I have not seen the movie, and the reason I haven't seen the movie is because the commercials for it are absolutely horrible.

There are two commercials that they run often and they are both horrible.

The first commercial shows some kid running up to a lady and the lady gives him a bomb and then the sniper is sitting there like he has a big dilemma. Whats the big dilemma about? I am completely missing the point of what the film maker is trying to portray from that clip.

The second commercial, or series of commercials, shows this guy in a really tense situation with all kinds of explosions and gun fire, and instead of focusing on the battle, the dude is sitting there on the phone with his wife. There are a few iterations but each commercial shows the same sort of thing. Are the people who made this movie trying to tell me that American soldiers who were engaged in combat were calling their wives while in a combat environment?

2. TGregg

TGregg

I'm with you, the trailers didn't seem to be that great IMO. However, a friend of mine saw it and thought it was just awesome. I'll watch it once it comes out in video.