This Rally is Rigged?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Joab, Nov 6, 2006.

Is this rally rigged ?

1. Yes

38 vote(s)
    52.8%
  2. No

19 vote(s)
    26.4%
  3. I don't care

15 vote(s)
    20.8%
  1. You're really Keith Olbermann aren't you. Caught you.

#31     Nov 6, 2006
  2. It should be obvious that the money is coming from:
    1) Sidelined cash that had committed to a bull market that is very predictable post mid term election cycle
    2) Foreign money escaping uncertainty and trouble on the other side of the pond and going to the only safe place on the planet with a realistic military capable of defending the national assets
    3) Housing equity liquidation and reallocation.
    4) Mutual Fund reallocation for next year
    5) Hedge Funds dumping derivatives and trying to make money in good old plane vanilla equities before the conventional investors embarrass the hell out of them with superior returns
    6) Baby Boomers buying up high yielding and relatively safe growth and income instruments to give themselves income checks.
    7) The quality equity is being removed from the public sector via private Merger & Acquisitions and leaving the rest of the traders to buy relative junk. Good stuff will be unavailable to the public at this rate. The good stuff is commanding premium because its becoming scarce. Better get some while ya can or you will have nothing but garbage to buy and trade soon as quality gets sucked up by mega private equity firms lol. :D

TS

#32     Nov 6, 2006
  3. This gets my award for the dumbest post of the day.

But as to your #2, did you forget all the other attacks that preceded 9/11, starting with the original bombing of the World Trade Center in February of 1993 that killed 6 and injured 1000?

Then we have the bombing of a US military housing complex in Saudi Arabia in 1996...that killed 19 Americans and wounded several hundred.

Then there was the bombing of two US embassies that killed 264 people in 1998.

Then we come to the USS Cole, which was bombed while refueling in Yemen in 2000.

"people don't just wake up one day and hate other people for no reason." Geezus man, you been hiding under a rock?

Oh, by the way, if you know it's being manipulated, just jump in with the manipulators....how easy could it be?

OldTrader

#33     Nov 6, 2006
  4. Wow!! You are going to be juvenile enough to lash out at me for my very reasonable post. Thereby implying that nobody made any money this past few months. Then you have the audacity to claim that you are a "trend trader" who lost money in one of the most relentless trending markets of the past 5 years.

Amazing!!!!:p

#34     Nov 6, 2006
  5. I beat the "he's a complete idiot" drum again.

#35     Nov 6, 2006
  6. craneman

craneman

Anyone who didn't make any money in the last 3 months needs to stop and re-evaluate their trading strategy and/or money management plan, IMHO. :)

If people weren't so scared of taking a few small losses they likely wouldn't spend so much time trying to pick the top.

#36     Nov 6, 2006
  7. Joab

Joab

You've ASSUMED way to much.

My point is that since April this trend has been more suited to the large fund companies and NOT as suited to swing and trend traders.

The current stats show that only 5% of aggressive growth funds are beating the S&P right now.

What does that tell you ?

#37     Nov 6, 2006
  8. I didn't assume anything. If anything, you've implied way too much. You started a thread trying to get others to rant and rave about your conspiracy with you. In so doing, you implied that you lost money during this "rigged market". You then claim to be a trend trader when even the worst trend traders should've made money during the past 3 months.

If you lost money sir, it is because you're actually contrarian. You're not a trend trader, you're a countertrend trader, as are a huge portion of the aggressive growth funds out there. They make excessive gains by not following the masses. It just turns out this time that the masses have been right for a few months in a row. When the market corrects, these aggressive growth funds will outperform once again. Unfortunately, the average retail trader generally can't stay solvent long enough to see the correction.

Sure I had some losing positions, but the winners prevailed. You are coming off as someone who is blaming everything else for your personal inability to trade. If that is really your style, then you'll not be around for very long. This is too bad as there are many who probably enjoyed taking your money.

#38     Nov 6, 2006
  9. Joab

Joab

I didn't say it started yesterday, I said perhaps the hatred was recently provoked. :eek:

#39     Nov 6, 2006
  10. Joab

Joab

Think about your words for a few minutes. :)

I have no beef with you I'm simply searching for answers and the truth and opening up possibilities for discussion why so defensive.

Do I think that governments can be corrupt ???

You bet your a## I do .... and history has proven this true and actually the norm, so are you living in denial or de Mississippi.

:D

#40     Nov 6, 2006