This pretty much sums up liberals for ya

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

It makes perfect sense and I don't think he could have been any more clear. Did you want him to scream it into your ear? Michael is a pretty straightforward guy.

#11     Mar 2, 2011
  2. I did come back with something better than that. These corporate fucks are raping this country for everything it's got. Where's the moral outrage over that? Where's this so-called patriotic duty? Moore was being to delicate far as I'm concerned.

#12     Mar 2, 2011
  3. Ricter

Ricter

Can you put what he really meant into a single sentence?

#13     Mar 2, 2011
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Dude, don't tell me what to do with my money. If you want to invest your hard earned savings in American crap, please do so. Invest with size. Just don't ask for a taxpayer bailout when your shit investment hits the fan.

You will find no American pin on my jacket. As Gecko said, you either do it right, or you get eliminated.

#14     Mar 2, 2011
  5. If it were only true. Doesn't quite apply to Wall Street and the banks though, does it? Seems the corporate welfare program, all paid with taxpayer dollars, is alive and well.

#15     Mar 2, 2011
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

I don't support that either. I don't want any bailouts. Not for the poor, not for the rich, not for the unions, not for the middle class. And no I won't buy american products to be patriotic. No, I won't invest in American companies to be patriotic. Put the pressure on them to give me a reason to make that investment instead of "forcing" me to do that. I believe in economic liberty. That means my money has the same freedoms and rights that I do.

#16     Mar 2, 2011
  7. Yeah, you don't support it, but the party you side with does, and they're making the rules. I'm all for freedom, liberty and justice. Justice most of all, and if we had any in this country there would be about a thousand guys in fifteen hundred dollar suits swinging from trees.

#17     Mar 2, 2011
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

I don't have a party. I support ideas. I don't have a candidate either. I don't play games like my guy is better then your guy. Don't put me in that boat.

How can you say you are for freedom and liberty when you clearly are an economic isolationist?

#18     Mar 2, 2011
  9. Ricter

Ricter

Not to quibble, but in a very real sense your money has more freedoms than you do. It is freer to cross borders at will, exploiting opportunity where it can find it, than you are.

#19     Mar 2, 2011
  10. pspr

pspr

Michael Moore said it exacly right in liberturd terms.

ALL liberturds have their hands out wanting to take what someone else has worked to make. That has always been their philosophy.

There are those who make something of themselves and those who take something from those who have. At some point you run out of those who have made something of themselves to take from. We are fast approaching that point.

#20     Mar 2, 2011