This Plague Must Be Stopped!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 2cents, Nov 20, 2006.

1. <embed style="width:500px; height:407px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=2262312532032457920&hl=en" flashvars=""> </embed>

#11     Nov 26, 2006
  2. "Far more intellectually satisfying", jesus H christ.

Nice vid ratboy, I like a slick promo as much as anyone. Dawkins is an idiot if his stated opinions are what he actually thinks, rather than watered down rubbish he was told to say.

http://darwin-online.org.uk/

Strangely, nobody gives a shit about whats happening now, its all from a book, or someones editorially sanctified opinion.

"Oh, please give us a bible quote, or a new scientific study, to help justify our preconceived ideas and insecurities."

Yar.

#12     Nov 26, 2006
  3. this guy has some interesting views on intelligent design. i am sure tradernicole is far superior intellectually though.. this guy's IQ is only around 200. i think that comes to 1 in a billion? LOL LOL LOL

<embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=3653538125670972962&hl=en" flashvars=""> </embed>

#13     Nov 26, 2006
  4. That is one tortured soul.
    But evolution, like reality, is based on moving averages, mean reversion and chance-the same as this characters circumstance.

It doesn't matter what the smartest people in the world think, if a bunch of dummies are going to beleive what they want regardless, nor does it matter, if there is a remote foundation to the majority idiot's beleif, when none of these ubersmart people can figure why humankind is F##d up, right now, Or do anything about it.

I used to say, jesus was a carpenter, despite various things contradicting it.

I maintained, he was, and perhaps fished in his spare time..............
    Whos to say.

#14     Nov 26, 2006
  5. i wonder if tradernicole fishes in her spare time?

[​IMG]

:eek:

#15     Nov 26, 2006
  6. It is astounding... you will believe anything you find on the internet, won't you? I mean you just believe anything you see. If someone says 'This man has an IQ of 210', you just believe it right away. If someone says 'This video shows the WTC being taken down by controlled explosions', you just believe it right away!!

This level of naivete is stunning. I always wondered who went for those Nigerian scams. My questions are answered. No wonder you have all those cockamamie conspiracy theories floating through your muddled head.

I swear to God, after spending time at this site, I have come to understand why people scam others out of money. Because it is so fucking easy and these people are too stupid to warrant any sympathy. They're almost like a different lifeform.

#16     Nov 26, 2006
  7. ...but even worse: Once ratboy believes something, he then proceeds to shut out any and all contradictory evidence- rigidly clinging to his initial assumption 'till death do them part.

If I'm wrong, ratboy; Go ahead and tell me about the last time you changed your mind on any meaningful political, theological or philosophical issue.

#17     Nov 26, 2006
  8. traderob

traderob

F+ck. This is scary, I find myself in the unenviable position of agreeing not only with ZZZzz but also ratboy. And on the same day.

#18     Nov 26, 2006
  9. then i guess pabst shld be excused for finding hitler some hidden qualities...

#19     Nov 26, 2006
  10. <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Michael_Langan">Wikipedia.org</a>

Christopher Michael Langan (born c.1957) is a noted American autodidact and self-styled expert in the fields of mathematics, physics, cosmology and the cognitive sciences[1]. Various media sources report Langan as having an estimated IQ of 195.[2][3][4][5] Filmmaker Errol Morris directed an hour-long documentary on Langan titled "The Smartest Man in the World". According to 20/20, Langan scored "off the charts" when tested by Dr. Robert Novelly. Novelly, a board certified neuropsychologist, commented that Langan was "the highest individual that I have ever measured in 25 years" of testing.[6]

With only a small amount of college, Langan has held a variety of labor-intensive jobs including construction worker, cowboy, firefighter, farmhand, and perhaps most famously, bar bouncer. Accordingly, he has sometimes been stereotyped as the sort of individual who combines an extremely high IQ with little or no official recognition in the academic "real world" of intellectual commerce [7][8]. Langan, who grew up in Montana, currently owns and operates a horse ranch in northern Missouri. Langan has written question and answer columns for New York Newsday[9], The Improper Hamptonian[10], and Men's Fitness[11] He also serves on the board of the Mega Foundation, a nonprofit foundation for the gifted, and is a fellow of the International Society for Complexity, Information and Design (ISCID), an intelligent design think tank.[12]

In 2001 Langan was featured in Popular Science magazine, where he discussed his "Cognitive-Theoretic Model of the Universe" (CTMU)[13]. Arguing that theories and inferences, including inductively-derived laws of nature, are bound together in a more general relationship between mind and reality, Langan explores the implications of this idea in various contexts including physics and cosmology, biological origins and evolution, psychology, ethics, and theology in a 56-page paper published by ISCID in 2002[14]. In 2004, Langan contributed a chapter to the book Uncommon Dissent: Intellectuals Who Find Darwinism Unconvincing, a collection of essays edited by by intelligent design proponent William Dembski[15]. In the chapter, Langan discusses the strengths and weaknesses of both intelligent design and neoDarwinism and proposes a synthesis by means of the CTMU, which has a "meta-Darwinian message"[16].

#20     Nov 26, 2006