This mkt is the most inconsisten thing I"ve ever seen.

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by sputdr, Nov 4, 2005.

1. "liquidity pumpers" got the best of you, or is it the huge flows in and out with no obvious reasoning into and out of our markets from foreign money. :)

yes this market is very different this year compared to last --- but this is the our game as the market always changes and that is the norm. just find a way to track or adapt to the in and out flows of liquidity --- there is enough tools out there to do this and grab parts of these daily moves to maintain profitability.

#31     Nov 4, 2005

2. volatility is a good thing! wide range days offer much more daily range for increased profitability from exceptional follow through of price moves --- this is what traders should want.

#32     Nov 4, 2005
  3. Cheese

Cheese

Macro Event says "..wide range days offer much more daily range for increased profitability.."
    Sure, of course.

Small and medium range days can also be taken like the juice of a grape.

You know how you should eat a grape.
    Bite it.
    Let the innards of the grape spill on to your tongue. Swallow.
    Do not masticate.
    And especially do not carry on chewing the skin of a grape.
    :)

#33     Nov 5, 2005
  4. Cheese {with your wine?} --- on wide range days you can drink all the wine in the bottle, and on the tighter range days all you get is the juice of a few grapes ---- I'll take the bottle of wine any day! :D

#34     Nov 5, 2005
  5. realtor

realtor

How does Billy deal with this kind of market, or the differences in the market this year vs last?

#35     Nov 5, 2005
  6. Cheese

Cheese

Funny you should make that analogy.

I sometimes enjoy a large glass of chilled white wine (ie Chardonnay) alongside a plate with a stem of large white grapes.

#36     Nov 5, 2005
  7. This mkt is the most inconsistent thing I've ever seen
    Let's all thank heavens for it.
    If everybody could grasp it, it would be much too difficult for a guy like nononsense to squeeze some dough out of it.

#37     Nov 5, 2005
  8. The same way he's traded for the last several years. Adjusts the closeness of entries/targets according to expanding or contracting Average Trading Range and average rotations. But otherwise, sell the H, Buy the L. Trade the edges of consolidation but be ready to go with breakouts through S/R on increasing volume.

#38     Nov 5, 2005

9. wow - sounds good! :)

i think that would be perfect with my wife feeding me the grapes! :eek: :D

#39     Nov 5, 2005

10. yes luke answered that question perfectly.

#40     Nov 5, 2005