this market

Discussion in 'Trading' started by chasinfla, Feb 27, 2003.

1. thanks...

I was replying to some of the doom and gloomers on several posts running on ET right now... and on this one you started. And let's face it , we all put a little of ourselves into our writings... so I was just sharing my take on dealing with perceived adversity...

#81     Mar 2, 2003
  2. I agree with what you said... trading is something I have been doing for a long time as well.

But I believe the wisdom and experience of successful humans in any endeavor, can serve us well in difficult times. There is a lot of doom and gloom in trading circles. And on ET. But I still see opportunity... just gotta set one's sites lower right now, and put it into perspective against other employment options in life. Maybe I'm reaching a denial or pollyanna stage. But for some reason I have had two of my better months during the past 6 months. So Bruce Lee's philosophy about adaptation in an effort to find success can apply to our trading. That was my point.

Don't think it serves my interests or others here, for me (or anyone on ET) to say... "look at me... I got lucky and scored well in February" (for example). Rather just offer an optimistic viewpoint for others to ponder.

And writing is one of my hobbies anyway. :) Figure if trading doesn't work out as others here are noting, I could become another proverbial struggling writer.

Have a good March, bro.

(you too chasinfla)

Iceman:cool:

#82     Mar 2, 2003