this market

Discussion in 'Trading' started by chasinfla, Feb 27, 2003.

1. pitufo

pitufo

I have been trading for 5 years now, typically I'll scalp 600,000 to a million shares a day, making no less than 1,000 trades. It has worked well for the past five years.

The last two weeks have been and educational experience though, I have had 8 tuition days in a row! That has never happened, I have seen potential for profitabitility but for some reason I have been on the wrong side.

I have learned that I can no longer go with the spu's when they start rallying on the squawk box instead I have to sell into the rallies, the crappy part is on days like today I will get slaughtered. It happens.

Nor can I trade the size I used to, I am reduced to trading 200 lots, that way I don't bend the market out of shape.

I have been subscribing to Linda Raschke's group for the last three weeks, and they are astonshing in their calls, unfortunatley my brain has not been programmed to hold a stock longer than 20 seconds. I must adapt or die.

There is opportunity in this market, if you don't believe it, then you certainly won't see it.

#51     Feb 27, 2003
  2. absolutely. there were a couple of days when I was convinced, totally, that my quotes were screwing up. i let everyone have it, and then had to eat my words as I realized (after more days of the same) that it's just the way the market is now. it's freaky. really. schizophrenic.

the previous poster said it: adapt or die.

my problem was I had a good week last week, a good week going this week, and so I decided to max out my size and, well, then we hit this crap for the past three and... you know...

there is something good about this, though. while certainly things that are bad can get worse, often when they look absolutely unbearable it's a set up for some major change. things could improve. before or after a wash-out, I can't say.

#52     Feb 27, 2003
  3. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I have actually found it to be just the opposite for myself the last month or so. Working my ass off in the mini's to make a few nickles, but things are flowing well for me in stocks.

Brandon

#53     Feb 27, 2003
    #54     Feb 28, 2003
  5. TheCaracal,

Didn't anybody teach you when you were a kid to not use words like ALL, ALWAYS, NEVER without any facts?

Stop your cry baby comments...get over it...move on or put me on ignore.

I'll make it easy for you...click the bottom link:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/member2.php?s=&action=addlist&userlist=ignore&userid=9117

I make one comment about how I'm having my best week of this year so far and you, Magna and GreenDog get bent all out of shape...

when others are making similar comments here at ET almost several times per week...

I don't remember seeing a single complaint about them from you three folks.

Prove me wrong and post a link to one of your past bitches to someone about them having a good trading week or day or month or year.

If not...once again...get over it...move on...and stop signaling me out while your ignoring the same comments by others in this same thread...

even silly GreenDog said he's having a Stellar Week...

instead of telling me that's B.S....

go tell the dog the same thing.

GreenDog seems to think I said its EASY (he actually wrote that)...which is a lie...usual twist of the words from that guy...

these are the type of traders you want to be agreeing with?

Go for it.

Turn that negativity you got into something positive and maybe someday you'll come back and post for the first time here at ET...this year (as I did)...

that your having your best trading week of 2003.

Once again...your comments are B.S. and hang out in the chat rooms where many here do and can verify to jerks like you...NA does in fact have losers.

In fact...I'll give you a special invitation to join the private-free room or review some of my trade logs of the trades...you'll see a few losing trades.

My last post to you unless you take me up on my offer (offer exclusive for you only since your bitching the most out of the three).

Note: You did say you would love to know what I'm smoking...right?

So don't ignore the above offer...come learn a few things from me and other ETers that are having a great trading week also. Watch us post our winners and losers in realtime (most...not all...will be winners).

More importantly...watch what we say prior, during and after the trades...the trading tips.

Remember...you three said I NEVER, ALWAYS, EASY...odd after a post which I talk about my drawdown periods and why such happen in one of the posts in the Psychology thread...

you three must not read posts over there?

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=194633&highlight=death#post194633

If not...I guess that punches a hole in you guys theory.

Magna did say the following as a gang mentality reply to GreenDog...

Further, where is that photo that GreenDog thought about posting? It would be nice to see him step into his usual arena.

As you can see...you attack me...I didn't attack you first...I'm not some guy that turns the other cheek.

I've said my peace...

In addition...you get the last word in so you can do some more mindless bashing if you want.

NihabaAshi

#55     Feb 28, 2003
  6. the beauty of markets.

#56     Feb 28, 2003
  7. shneed

shneed

I think I've read somewhere that the good traders only remember or comment on their losses, and bad ones, well you know....

shneed

#57     Feb 28, 2003
  8. Dude get a grip, I could give two sh88t's about you or your trading, one you take yourself far too seriously, and two whenever someone posts how they are having a difficult time, there you are with: hey this is so easy. Go read your prior posts.

I really could care less what you think. NA...And was not looking to attack you as you obviously took it to heart..lighten up man.

#58     Feb 28, 2003
  9. all I know is 818 was the bottom of the down swing and its been looking good ever since.

#59     Feb 28, 2003
  10. Unreal.

NOC, the darling of the group is now trading at $86.30

LMT and LLL can't get out of their own way, and BA which of course has a ton of commercial aerospace exposure compared to the others is at an 8 year low.

So much for "value" players with double-digit earnings growth.
    Unbelieveable!

#60     Feb 28, 2003