This Market Sucks!!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by retire45, Feb 22, 2008.

1. you idiots

abk bailout

#21     Feb 22, 2008
  2. For what it's worth I was listening to bloomberg tv and the flashed at that time AMBAC and MBIA will most likely get a bailout on Tuesday.

#22     Feb 22, 2008
  3. Like the times story on McCain

#23     Feb 22, 2008
  4. Bingo lol

#24     Feb 22, 2008

5. I don't have it on but my news picked it up. That move either gave you a great weekend or just ruined it. You don't need CNBC on just a good news service that tracks what is going on.

#25     Feb 22, 2008
  6. JORGE

JORGE

It helped that they hyped the upcoming ABK bailout story for a good 1/2 hr before it happened.

#26     Feb 22, 2008
  7. I would agree with the poster that "this market sucks." And, no, my short(s) did not get "squeezed".

To be frank, I WAS short ES at 31.75 and moved my stop when the new low was puked back in the face of the committed shorts.
    All afternoon waiting for the right moment, and all I got out of it was 1 1/4 points.

I went long a number that looking back was far too small. Can't win them all.

The reason why this market SUCKS is because they do not go down well, and they do not go up well. I don't blame anyone--that's just the way it is.

But it WILL say that those who do not think the tape is "painted" must be color blind.

#27     Feb 22, 2008
  8. BSAM

BSAM

I also tend to agree with the OP. Today wasn't the greatest for riding out opportunities. Funny how all the ET geniuses want to jump and dump on a guy who asks a legitimate question about a strong market reversal. I assume nobody else got caught and lost a decent trade, huh? Naw, most everyone here on ET is aware of all probabilities in the market.:cool: :D :cool:

#28     Feb 22, 2008
  9. u21c3f6

u21c3f6

Straight from Yahoo

Wall Street has pulled off a dramatic turnaround in the last hour of trading, closing higher amid word that a bailout plan for troubled bond insurer Ambac Financial could be announced next week.

Of course, they will use some form of this to explain why there is a future downturn in the market.

Joe.

#29     Feb 22, 2008
  10. It's because most of them are perma-bull assholes. They want to believe in the mantra of "Don't fight the Fed". Therefore, most days the market is dropping they have their fingers crossed that some news will save their asses.

Especially, that POS Makloda.

#30     Feb 22, 2008