This market is WEAK!!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Comanche, Aug 24, 2007.

1. exactly.

but remember of those 95% long, there is a large percentage who don't trade actively (ie inst, long term stock and mutual fund holders).

so if you exempt them, then you get a better idea of long vs shorts.

#21     Aug 24, 2007
  2. But you're not accounting for real time market dynamics. That de-facto short fund is getting redemption requests, therefore he doesn't have the cash to invest, and is possibly being forced to make some liquidations.

#22     Aug 24, 2007
  3. No point in arguing about it, the market will prove who is right in the coming days.

#23     Aug 24, 2007
  4. who's to say the fund getting redemption requests isn't the overleveraged long hedge fund that got killled, turned around, and is now caught -overleveraged- short?

hahah..

#24     Aug 24, 2007
  5. This for once on this site, doesn't seem like an argument at all. This may be the closest thread to a debate that ET has ever had.

#25     Aug 24, 2007
  6. Should be profit-taking here. Should be more volume.

#26     Aug 24, 2007
  7. If everyone saw the same thing there would not be a market as you need buyers and sellers.

I mean, come on this is trivial.

#27     Aug 24, 2007
  8. who's taking profits?

shorts from 1480, 1520, 1560?

or longs from 1370, 1400, 1450?

:)

maybe we've just found a temporary fair value with 'risk premium' factored in.

#28     Aug 24, 2007
  9. #29     Aug 24, 2007
  10. I'm not talking about hedge funds. I'm talking about mutual funds and those guy's ARE NOT seeing a dramatic up tick in redemptions. (not to mention they recieve passive inflows ever day) That's one reason I'm macro bearish. Investors are WAY to complacent. There's a time for all seasons though and my area to be anything more than a 2 minute short is 20 ES pts higher than here. That may change Monday but when I see threads like this it does little to make me think the market isn't overly short......

#30     Aug 24, 2007