This Market Is Rigged To The Upside

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by FattBurger, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Not to hot, not to cold. Just enough to keep the fed at bay.

#21     Apr 2, 2010
  2. trendy

trendy

The Street is littered with them.

#22     Apr 2, 2010
  3. No fill

#23     Apr 2, 2010
  4. Coolio

Coolio

If the market is rigged, that is great. Use a covered call strategy and get rich!

There's a great strategy for every market, if you understand the market, that's 90% of the battle.

#24     Apr 2, 2010
  5. Gasoline futures versus SP 500 cash the last half of 2006. The Republicans were trying to shape public opinion with falling gasoline prices and a rising stock market.

I expect a repeat of this in the back half of 2010. Notice the level of current prices 1,178.10 for sp cash and 2.32 for gasoline futures striking don’t ya think!

Folks the fix is in, make no mistake about it. Bottom line the Republicans lost and my guess is so will the democrats. Trouble is the boots on the ground aren’t feeling all the love.

Not to mention the internet, my goodness people can actually get real information not doctored up spin. People know this is a manufactured debt driven recovery.

HAPPY EASTER

#25     Apr 2, 2010
  6. Lethn

Lethn

I love the internet, it's the closest thing to real free speech that we have, even China can't change that. It's like one massive library of media that everyone can access at once.

#26     Apr 2, 2010
  7. schizo

schizo

You have a valid point. I've been through a few bubbles since the early '90s and I know the jubilant euphoria that follows before the whole damn thing collapses on itself. One of the greatest jackass mantras that gets rehashed every time is "this time it's different". Unfortunately, that's no different this time around. Only difference is that we're now in a recovery phase rather than at the peak of the cycle. So it's hard for me to say whether the same boom-and-bust theory applies here. Considering that everything is a manufactured lie, including the removal of mark-to-market accounting, I suppose it really is different this time around.

But I say keep your fingers crossed because, all things considered, history is made to be repeated.

#27     Apr 2, 2010
  8. The market did a lot of consolidating from 2004-2006 after the rise off the 2003 lows. Don’t see that this time, that just makes this event less stable. Note the ADX rising up from the same spot, more evidence of what I suspect will be a repeat of 2006.The difference this time is the lack of consolidation.

#28     Apr 3, 2010
  9. Let’s see if the president over the next few months announces new refineries may need to be built, hummmm. That may trigger the selloff in gasoline futures.

The president is just being told what to do and say.

#29     Apr 3, 2010
  10. And the data just gets better. It's all rigged for the election.

#30     Apr 5, 2010