This market is ridiculously high

Discussion in 'Trading' started by comp652, Aug 22, 2006.

1. because in my mind every option "is possible", so I am prepared for anything and surprised by nothing!

#31     Aug 23, 2006
  2. volente_00

volente_00

And you don't think a veto threat does not influence the policy ????

#32     Aug 23, 2006

3. yes that has an affect....but my main point is the current government since the early 1900's is a "show"....it is not reality.

It is nothing but escalating lies and deception, and with better technology the more pronounced the affect......sad but true.

#33     Aug 23, 2006
  4. Everything about this recent market tells me it's indicator proof. Disclaimer: what the fuck do I know. But I can just tell you my results: after a good ytd, Aug is in a 12% drawdown. Sure my inexperience, but a lot of randomness. Trades which previously met criteria for rare and high 80%+ probability went to the toilet. So I got 1 decent profit and 4 losses, some in&out minor losses and one real stupid trade which I can't even talk about. So, a learning month for me. Anyway, after a little time in the mountains I have a new perspective. The market is apparently suffering form bipolar bidirectional volatility disorder and needs some time to sort itself out. Accordingly, I put on a time spread to wait it out.

Certainly wish you better results than me. Happy trading.
    : )
    X

#34     Aug 23, 2006
  5. There is little substance in the US market - belief belongs in Church and used on Sundays.

:cool: or :confused:

The bottom line comes from the crude trader, who is concerned because we are signing contracts in thousands of billions (million million) in a currency that is bankrupt. The day the Chinese wants those contracts issued in Euro, you are dead. It is a poker game where we know one party has bad cards, but allow him to keep on raising because we all owe him so much money that we dare not ask to call.

#35     Aug 23, 2006
  6. :D No, the smiling face in el casa blanca can keep on smiling, your problem is that the situation in the Middle East, you have only threats at the moment. The only way your troops in Iraq and Afganistan can get fuel at the moment is through IRAN!
    (So good luck trying to sanctions - but the US military should soon advise someone to take to senses and come back to reality, or the landing will be very rough...)

#36     Aug 23, 2006
  7. Quin

Quin

The Market is Always Right! Its useless to your bottom line to debate if its at fair value or not or what it will be by year end.

The Market is priced for Opportunity every day.

Your Long Term Opinion should be made with a STOP point in the same breath.

Its impossible to predict how upcomong events will factor into a Market.

These are PAPER ASSETS that we are Trading!
    Have a Plan with Solid Money Management and your halfway there.

Save your Opinions for Talk Radio or for an audition with CNBC!

#37     Aug 23, 2006
  8. ...actually the fuel the U.S. military is using is from government contracts from Saudi and Kuwait refined product......nothing from Iran.

#38     Aug 23, 2006
  9. Its an election year, dont expect any type of downtrend till after the election in November

#39     Aug 23, 2006
  10. time will tell. one wrong move in iran and poof were down 1k fast. too many powder kegs in market too not have one explode wether its iran,lebanon, or a huge hurricaine. on top of that we've rallied a huge 7% in 2 months and back near highs so nothing bads reflected at all

#40     Aug 23, 2006