This market is ridiculously high

Discussion in 'Trading' started by comp652, Aug 22, 2006.

1. bjg

bjg

Only some of the time.

#11     Aug 22, 2006
  2. roctrend

roctrend

volente_00

08-23-06 02:46 AM

If you wanna make money, you have to be right.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

You have to be right about more your next trade, not about your OPINION of where the Market is going or its value.

#12     Aug 22, 2006
  3. bjg

bjg

Any Elliott Wave people on the boards?

One analyst I follow is saying the Dow only has 100 points left in it, and I think he draws his conclusions mostly from EWI.

#13     Aug 22, 2006
  4. I thought the same thing. It feels like the shorts that trust the inflationary/housing refrain are waiting to be ground out of recent entries. I'd be most content if we swing back down to 1280 for one last test then lift off for more slow directional movement. Otherwise I'll just stick with the smaller choppy moves for now.

#14     Aug 22, 2006
  5. buff

buff

Johnny Cash sang it best in "I Walk the Line" Isn't that what we as traders do?
    Long or Short :) Short or Long and the beat goes on

#15     Aug 22, 2006
  6. Volente, I am responding just to respond, not looking for a brawl here. the spoo went out @ 1295ish today..I'm sure you know what month comes after august...I see a downside of 1175ish with an upside of 1325..which way would you lay some wood on given a 3/1 rule? I am tired of fighting with you, but (my) own opionion is we go alot lower than higher. Add a caveat, has the mkt discounted the libs taking back both houses? I am in total agreemant that bush is a moron, but if the dems take back both? look out below (imho)

#16     Aug 22, 2006
  7. volente_00

volente_00

Does that answer your question Frank ?

#17     Aug 22, 2006
  8. volente_00

volente_00

Check history Frank, the longest economic expanasion happened under a democrat president. The worst economic period happened under a republican president. Every or almost every bear market has happened under a republican president.

Do you really think this is just coincidence ?

#18     Aug 22, 2006
  9. hans37

hans37

YES

#19     Aug 22, 2006
  10. FDR and Jimmy Carter had some great years for our economy.....LOL

all political leaders are bought and paid for......do not even for a second think one side is better than the other. They slide in as needed to affect the desires of higher ups....the citizens have minimal control of anything any more.

#20     Aug 22, 2006