This makes me SICK

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bungrider, Mar 26, 2004.

1. eh?

1) Where is the "Fear and Awe" campaign that we were sold?

2) Where are the weapons?

3) Why isn't the invasion working? (Hint: for the same reasons that most of the civilized world provided the Bush administration for NOT going to war).

4) Why are other countries starting to pull out of Iraq?

5) Why are there bombings in Iraq every day where American soldiers (or civilians) are dying?

6) Why have many of the families of British soldiers killed in Iraq refused to meet with Bush?

7) Why is pre-emptive war OK for the US to start, but NOT OK for India or Pakistan to start?

8) Why is oil almost $40/barrel? I recall Cramer on CNBC jumping up in his seat when the war started, chanting "I'm excited about $15/barrel oil!!!" (Kudlow grinned gayly in agreement).

9) Do you REALLY think we're going to get the $150bil out of Iraq?

10) What about Afghanistan?

#11     Mar 27, 2004
  2. Pabst

Pabst

The fact that terrorists are killing Iraqi's daily is the reason we should be there! Doesn't that tell you all you need know about the instability of Iraq.

#12     Mar 27, 2004
  3. Pabst

Pabst

I know you trade, so FYI oil is $35.00 in front and $31-32 in the back 04's.

#13     Mar 27, 2004

4. Obviously I don't trade commodities! :D

I don't do anything but make markets in stocks.

I'd buy the back months on the dips, tho...

#14     Mar 27, 2004
  5. http://web.archive.org/web/20001205...00/news/Bush_pressured_on_military_gaps.shtml

Bush pressured on military gaps

By Susan Milligan, Globe Staff, 11/3/00

WASHINGTON -- Democratic military veterans in the US Senate lashed out yesterday at Governor George W. Bush of Texas for failing to explain his apparent extended absence during his tenure in the Texas Air National Guard.

"The question is, where were you, Governor Bush?" said Senator Daniel Inouye, Democrat of Hawaii and a World War II veteran.

"What would you do as commander-in-chief if someone in the National Guard did the same thing?" Inouye asked during a telephone address to supporters of Vice President Al Gore in Nashville yesterday.

Inouye joined several colleagues, Senators Bob Kerrey, Democrat of Nebraska, and Max Cleland, Democrat of Georgia, in raising harsh questions about Bush's role during the Vietnam War.

The remarks were in response to a Globe article this week showing that Bush stopped flying after 22 months within his unit of the Texas Air National Guard. Further, the article reported, Bush failed to show up for required Guard drills during a six-month stay in Alabama, and he was lax even after returning to Houston.

"At the least, I would have been court-martialed. At the least, I would have been placed in prison," Inouye said.

Bush "made a commitment to the Texas Air National Guard, and God bless him for doing so," said Kerrey. But "if you're going to make a commitment to join the Guard, especially at that time, you've got to keep that commitment," Kerrey added.

Bush has refused to be interviewed by the Globe on the topic of his military service. His spokesman, Dan Bartlett, yesterday called the questions about the governor a "scurrilous charge" of a "desperate" Gore campaign.

#15     Mar 27, 2004
  6. Amazing!

We create an unstable situation, then provide that situtaion as a justification "to be there."

No doubt that type of thinking will give the war machnine a never ending source of purpose.

#16     Mar 27, 2004
  7. *YOU* AINT THERE!!!

who cares.

i care about ME & MINE.

I dont see you joining peace corp or red cross yet..

HA!

easy to bleed your heart all warm and cozy in your nice new big home and fat bank account..

boo whoo hooo...

cry a river for me!

pathetic!

#17     Mar 27, 2004
  8. Pabst

Pabst

LOL. Yeh, I'm not reely a bleedin hart Faster.

#18     Mar 27, 2004