^$%&@# This Is

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Nolan-Vinny-Sam, Apr 29, 2004.

1. NO TAPES? NO TRANSCRIPTS? NO RECORDS?

What the hell is this???:( :( :( And why testify both at the same time in the same room?

Investigation basics calls for separate interviews!!!!!!

They can say what ever they want, why even have the testimony.
    THIS IS BULLSHIT, third world totalitarian regime.

Man it doesn't matter what your affiliations are, this is plain wrong. It goes against America, against the values of an open society, freedom, democracy. and behind closed doors
    What crap!!!!

Tuesday 27 April 2004

Washington (Reuters) - The White House said on Tuesday it would not allow any recordings or transcripts of private testimony this week by President Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney to the panel investigating the Sept. 11 attacks.

At the administration's request, the session will not be recorded and an official transcript will not be made

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=4960446 also,
    http://www.truthout.org/docs_04/042904A.shtml

The President's Testimony
    Published: April 29, 2004
    http://www.nytimes.com/2004/04/29/opinion/29THU1.html

It would have been a pleasure to be able to congratulate President Bush on his openness in agreeing to sit down today with the independent commission on the 9/11 attacks and answer questions. Unfortunately, Mr. Bush conditioned his cooperation on stipulations that range from the questionable to the ridiculous.

The strangest of the president's conditions is that he will testify only in concert with Vice President Dick Cheney. The White House has given no sensible reason for why Mr. Bush is unwilling to appear alone. (When asked at his recent press conference, the president gave one of his patented nonresponses: "Because it's a good chance for both of us to answer questions that the 9/11 commission is looking forward to asking us, and I'm looking forward to answering them.")

Given the White House's concern for portraying Mr. Bush as a strong leader, it's remarkable that this critical appearance is being structured in a way that is certain to provide fodder for late-night comedians, who enjoy depicting him as the docile puppet of his vice president.

2. I don't find it strange at all that they "testify" together....

There is historical precedent.....

[​IMG]

3. msfe

msfe

[​IMG]

"Brats"

[​IMG]

"Men of War"

[​IMG]

"Liberty"

4. Ok where are all the Bush supporters? No comments?:confused: :confused:
    AAA, Mav, Pabst, qwick, let's hear some points of view. Not even bringing up Bubba?:D :D :D
    Cmon folks, these are basic issues, party lines bs are not relevant here.

Shhhhheeeeeeeshhhhhhhhh
    Is this the America we are aspiring to????:confused: :confused:

I mean why even bother to have a 9/11 commission???:confused:

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

6. Agreed
    I'm afraid it pretty much may well sum up the avg voter..:eek: :eek: By then it's too late...

7. i can understand no transcripts or recordings. i think any president would've done this, since the commission (where all members presumably have high-level security clearances) is asking them direct questions about our national security. this isn't supposed to be a trial. you can't have a trial, anyway.

but being unwilling to testify alone is pretty damning for bush and satan.

anybody with a budget could beat those two imps in nov. they're guilty as hell and a full 35% of the population knows it, according to the latest gallup poll. :D

big party at my place on 11/9/04, in case you haven't heard.

8. I hear you...
    Not asking to have our warhead lunch codes made public. But how can anyone prove anything that's been said (or said and "done") without some paper trail audit record, even if it's for future reference.:eek:

The "interview" is a joke. Bush/Cheney can say whatever they want. They might as well have said nothing or not have the interview at all, what's the point. Even if they slip up and say something truthful for a change, how can the 9-11 commission use it or tell the American people what happened?:confused: :confused:

It's the commission's word vs Bush/Cheney? yeah right that would fly....:( :( :(