This is why you should short Citibank

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Retired, Dec 14, 2007.

1. dsq

dsq

i remember when i started trading in 1990 and all the older customers at the brokers office were talking about how close citi,chase and chrysler were to chap 11...in 1990 all 3 of those were trading between 6 and 10 dollars(this is non adjusted 4 splits etc in actual 1990 print)...
    I also remember 2 yrs ago when amd was at 20 then went up to 40 in a few months and mer said it was a buy.It then tanked all the way back to 15...At which point mer said it was a sell.From there amd went straight up to 27!!!!YING-YANG anyone?

#21     Dec 16, 2007

2. Ding, Ding, Ding....

We have a winner.

Posted the exact same thing under the C thread the other day....

As far as the Morgan Stanley "Top Short", I'd say they're probably better positioned fright now for the coming squeeze.

Regardless, like Houndog says, C is a mover daily right now and it's been one hell of a boon for a trader.
    Right now it's all about the new guy's plan and I think the street in general is definitely (literally) selling him short. I'll take the other side of that over time. The only thing I know, when the trade becomes so obvious, you'd better be looking for your position on the other side.

As far as Rogers, bowties are neat and if I you can do well on generic calls about general things.... well good for you!

Good Luck!

#22     Dec 16, 2007
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

I like this thought....

#23     Dec 16, 2007
  4. Retired

Retired

Dude, check out the prices of oil, natural gas, and agricultural products. In case you don't know, metal prices are always highly volatile.

#24     Dec 16, 2007
  5. Poignant story about what happened when you walked into your local Wamu. Thanks.

#25     Dec 16, 2007
  6. Retired

Retired

This is no different from other banks that solicit you by mail.

#26     Dec 16, 2007
  7. Listen to my story here. I opened an account with deutsche bank 2 months ago. The banker asked me if I wanted a mastercard, I replied: No thanks, don't need it. And I probably won't pass the application criteria anyway because I just quit my job. He answered: there are no application criteria and it comes with the account if you don't want it, you can always choose not to use it.
    Didn't want to argue anymore at that point, and am i now the proud owner of an unused Deutsche Bank Mastercard.

#27     Dec 17, 2007
  8. What I forgot to add was that the account also came with an unasked for line of credit on it!

#28     Dec 17, 2007