This is what happens when we don't use stops...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by xelite777, Oct 5, 2013.

1. blakpacman

blakpacman

Yes, but there were many times I "rescued" the account with good trades after equity falling sharply from overleveraging or simply bad trades. After so many rescues, the end result over many years was for the account to be untradeable (i.e. not enough cash to hold a margin position except in some pathetic contract like oats). I did give myself an X date where if I couldn't trade futures successfully I would stop. That was my time stop.

#31     Oct 7, 2013
  2. kut2k2

kut2k2

+1

What I've noticed is that they can never assign a number to "high probability." It's just a buzz phrase somebody created because he thought it sounded cool and implied competence.

#32     Oct 7, 2013
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Don't you just love it when the FNG shows up and presumes to "inform" us? As if we couldn't possibly already know.

#33     Oct 7, 2013
  4. Another one.

http://youtu.be/dj6aovMOKMs

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dj6aovMOKMs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#34     Oct 7, 2013
  5. The use of vulgarity is the attempt of a feeble mind to express itself.
    No comments.

#35     Oct 7, 2013
  6. Lol hadn't seen that one before. Funniest part it was only $1,500... Which ET'er do you think this is with the $5k prop account?

#36     Oct 7, 2013
  7. Bar by bar replay.. that one is fake.

Funny though.

#37     Oct 7, 2013
  8. Worst acting I've ever seen in that second one. In the first one you can tell the guy is in some real pain.

#38     Oct 7, 2013
  9. FXforex

FXforex

Here is another Youtube video of massive losses when no stops are used.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-DT7bX-B1Mg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#39     Oct 7, 2013
  10. Simply hilarious, thanks for sharing FXforex :D

#40     Oct 7, 2013