This is what happens when the government doesnt let you spank your children.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Oct 21, 2010.

1. How very civilized. Such restraint on your part. No blood at all? Remarkable. And how conscientious and patriotic of you not to use foreign objects while the domestic economy is still hurting.

#11     Oct 22, 2010
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

honestly, gab, is that all youve got?

#12     Oct 22, 2010
  3. you seem to have a short fuse. thats probably why you resort to violence against your child. i know its accepted in america to slap around our kids but you should understand that if you raise your hand in anger against your child it is a failing on your part not his.

#13     Oct 22, 2010
  4. Just wait until years from now, when your kid utters those very words to you. That might make for an interesting turn of events.

#14     Oct 22, 2010
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

haha...short fuse.

more like lack of patience for stupidity. fortunately, my child at 2 and a half has more common sense than some of you. you in particular.

#15     Oct 22, 2010
  6. we can debate the philosophy (and I welcome it) but no one has a right to tell me how to parent my child.
    -----------------------------

I agree and a common reply. Question I have (in general) where do you or anyone learn to parent? Most likely, history, meaning how we were raised. child rearing is learned from how we were raised, "good enough for me, good enough for you" bad habits are generational.

So, no one will tell me how to raise my children, by default your parents do, alive or deceased, near or far. You lived it and your kids will too.

Where did your parents learn to parent?

Maybe much hasn't changed over the years re the basics but stressors have, and really need to be considered. Imo.

#16     Oct 22, 2010
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

except that i won't be spanking him after he is no longer a toddler because it won't be necessary, as I will be able to verbally discuss things with him - which is the one thing I cannot do at this point. so he gets a smack to the hiney.

#17     Oct 22, 2010
  8. then why is it necessary to beat him?

#18     Oct 22, 2010
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

this is an excellent point (glad there are still some on this forum who can frame such).

you're right, no one is "telling me" how to parent my child, but you could probably make the argument that my values as a parent were derived in some measure from the values my parents had. no argument there.

however, if i had grown up in a household where i was abused (verbally or physically) then i'd like to think i would not apply such pain upon my child. fact is, i had a very happy childhood. my father and mother were divorced, but very civil. i was spanked as a small child, but when my parents were able to reason with me, there was no longer need for physical punishment (spanking) as i understood what it was to lose a privilege (going outside, toys, etc).

right now, sending my 2 year old to his room accomplishes nothing because he simply doesn't have the aptitude to grasp the "why" behind things.

#19     Oct 22, 2010
  10. so this ts guy beats his child but he doesnt draw blood. seems ok considering parents rights and such. another parent decides drawing a little blood isnt so bad. we can even find parents in america today killing their child over discipline problems. at what point do the authorities get to step in and say enough?

#20     Oct 22, 2010