This is what a 'bank run' looks like...

Discussion in 'Economics' started by capmac, Jul 14, 2008.

1. From the article--

"I have $360,000 in this bank, and I was misled by this bank," said Robert Clark, a Glendale resident who was waiting on line. "I gave the names of my mother, my sister and my brother on the account so I thought I would be insured. I don't know what to do. I really don't know what to do."
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"I was misled by this bank". Is this guy f-ing kidding? How much more clear can the FDIC guidelines possibly be?

The mortgage company misled me, the realtor misled me, the bank misled me, the broker misled me, etc.

Why can't people take responsibility for anything anymore???

#11     Jul 14, 2008
  2. #12     Jul 14, 2008
  3. kut2k2

kut2k2

It's not just stupidity, it's unbridled greed. Most of our "elected leaders" are plutocrats: they think democracy is just a crock to placate the masses, and their real allegiance is to rich sociopaths who planned to drain this nation like the vampires they are. Every bit of the New Deal that was designed to help ALL Americans is being systematically dismantled, in the name of "free markets" of course. Capitalism without regulation is no better than communism, or anarchy for that matter.

#13     Jul 14, 2008
  4. the de-regulation and resulting bubble also allowed many people to live large for many years. it's only bad now, but no one was complaining 2 years ago when people were buying nice cars, watches, clothes, homes, plasmas, and taking nice vacations.

i personally like the boom-bust cycle. during times like these, you can get a great deal on luxury items. i just bought a f430 a month ago. exotic cars are depreciating harder than a miami condo.

did you miss out and are now bitter?

#14     Jul 14, 2008
  5. jasonjm

jasonjm

even ferraris are dropping?

has it gotten to the point where you can walk into a ferrari dealer, and buy new with no waiting list, and pay sticker or less?

#15     Jul 14, 2008
  6. .............

#16     Jul 14, 2008
  7. daddyeaux, thanks for that laugh. I needed it.

#17     Jul 14, 2008
  8. bdon

bdon

It don't matter how many names are on an account. It's one account. FDIC insured for $100k.

Mislead? ha. Over the last ten years, I was told "I did not have sexual relations with that women", "Iraq has weapons of mass destruction", "Mission Accomplished", "Bear Sterns is adequately capitalized", "the housing market is stablizing".

Who the hell do you sue first? If you know who the last american idol is, and who won the last survivor, but don't know who your state senators are. Sue yourself!!!

#18     Jul 14, 2008
  9. Illum

Illum

Haha

#19     Jul 14, 2008
  10. jasonjm

jasonjm

so the key is that you need multiple social security numbers, one per account?

that will get you FDIC insurance, 100%?

gotta say im kind of confused myself

I have a business banking account, with 6 sub accounts, each account has close to $100k in them (just by chance), but all 6 are in my business' name.

So i guess only one of them is insured to 100k?

#20     Jul 14, 2008