"This is the worst case of insider trading ever."

Discussion in 'Trading' started by trader556, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Dustin

Dustin

I would have thought they made more than $15M. Not really that much when betting on the biggest terrorist act in history.

#31     Sep 16, 2003
  2. taodr

taodr

Those terrorist did not conceive those buildings would collapse. Even they thought americans could build better then that shit.

#32     Sep 16, 2003
  3. i am sure liquidity became an issue..... plus remember no one came forward to collect their profits. anyone smart enough to place/bankroll these "bets" would have to know they would draw attention after the fact. so what was their true purpose?

#33     Sep 16, 2003
  4. Yes, I heard that story, which originated in Pakistan the day after 9/11. It has been repeated in one form or another which charges the Jews/Israel were conspirators in 9/11, that thousands of them kept the secret, that they coordinated a day off from work on 9/11 etc.

It is so logistically improbable, so inimical to conspiracy dynamics (1000s were in on it, Americans no less) as to be completely preposterous.

The story has been massaged from its incredible original (4000 Jews did not show up for work at WTC on 9/11) to apparently what you have heard: a suspiciously high percentage of them evaded death.

No matter how this rumor is shaped, it remains scurrilous to all save those who wish to belive because it reinforces their viewpoint on Jews and Israel. Hence its middle east muslim origin.

If a Japanese firm employing 100 people were tenants on the any floor that had been successfully evacuated on 9/11, I suppose that could skew their survival/tenant ratio.

#34     Sep 16, 2003
  5. i also remember reading that an israeli mossad agent died on one of the 911 planes.

#35     Sep 16, 2003
  6. man

man

dgrabiel

profound answer. i agree and i should not give any attention to such rumors. actually i did not think it through - my mistake. i thought it would be an easy-to-prove statistic - quite naive, as i see now.

it is the same thing as with this nonMoonLandingConspiracy thing. easy to make claims that ring bells within people who love that kind of thing.

i would go one step further and put blame on myself for bringing this up. it is feeding the fire of prejudice and conspiracy stuff to write somehting like this on a free board.

sorry to all.

peace

#36     Sep 17, 2003
  7. i am still waiting for proof of the options trades--- a reputable source like bloomberg would be nice.

thanks !

surfer

#37     Sep 17, 2003
  8. years ago when i was still in compliance , i remember when First Alert and Coleman were bought by Rubbermaid ( al dunlap)....within a week i had a request form the SEC regarding some clients who 'suddenly' purchased anywhere from 50-200 contracts on those companies......I find it very hard to believe that they would not do the same in this instance and haul some ass to jail......in addition, if you remember , i don;t believe the Options or the stock market opened for several days....and assuming when it did open you closed out, you still have another day or two before the money is available....In addition, there was no way to wire the money out of the country...i think this might be another urban legend, right up there with the "jews didn't go to work that day" or " a man debris surfed 80 floors to survive the wtc collapse".......however, if it is in fact true, we need to go and find any and all sources, disgorge, and haul to jail.

#38     Sep 17, 2003

9. yes. i agree. nothing more than a urban legend.

surfer:)

#39     Sep 17, 2003