This is the kind of thing that happens when a society accepts homosexuality

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Jun 4, 2010.

1. No it doesnt...It refers to constraining the governments involvement in peoples religion. Why do you think so many people left England to come to America?

#41     Jun 9, 2010
  2. Peil, I didn't know you could sing:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kLBQ-uMnaRw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kLBQ-uMnaRw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

#42     Jun 9, 2010
  3. stu

stu

Blocking government from making an official or national religion, is constraining religion to those who want to practice that particular form of superstition, outside the practicalities of governance.

Anything to do with religion in the Constitution is exclusionary.

#43     Jun 9, 2010
  4. What's the matter, peil? No comment on the exceptionally talented performer whom you presumably consider to be beneath you? (Or beside you or on top of you, as the case may be.)

#44     Jun 9, 2010
  5. Homosexuality is far more accepted in most of the west in the last 10-15 years, yet the % of gay people doesn't seem to be soaring as you predict.

If someone says the end of the world is nigh, and then it doesn't happen, then their prediction was totally wrong. Using the same logic for your argument, that means either homosexuality should be soaring in the west, or your prediction is totally wrong.

Another question - if you think that seeing gay people make out is going to increase the rate of homosexuality, that must mean that your desire to have sex with a man increases when you see two gays make out. Is this true peil?

#45     Jun 9, 2010
  6. jem

jem

I just kicked your ass on this subject on another thread and you come here and distort American History again.

1. The establishment clause was designed to allow the states to practice and have ties and establish religion without interference from the feds.

The establishment clause was not and could not be applied to the states until after the passage for the 14 th amendment.. (after the civil war)

The U.S. Supreme court declared we were a Christian Nation.
    And explained that the majority of the states had constitutions and case laws establishing the Christian principles.

2. The whole constitution was established to prevent progessives from creating too large a central govt. If you do not understand that you do not understand history.

Are you an American? Did you go to school here? Did you learn about the Bill of Rights? and the separation of powers?

Everything you say on this subject is delusional.

#46     Jun 9, 2010
  7. What about fucking women in the ass, should that be illegal too?

#47     Jun 9, 2010
  8. Of course it's true for peil, otherwise he would be full of shit. And we know that can't be.

#48     Jun 9, 2010
  9. I know a couple that think it should be.:eek: It's not my fault they believed me when I said, honey, I just want to stick the head in.:D

#49     Jun 9, 2010
  10. stu

stu

"I just kicked your ass on this subject on another thread and you come here and distort American History again.

I'm sure it must really be way past time for you to realize that not presenting a substantive argument isn't kicking ass.

The Constitution is the most important legal document in American History.
    It says - no religion as a condition for Government.
    That is de facto, a constraint on religion. It was a very progressive constraint for the times.
    So it could not be to constrain progressives. Don't be a complete tit all your life.

The opinion of a Supreme Court Judge is not the Law.
    The Supreme Court Law you refer to is not about America being a christian nation.

Sooner you come to terms with facts rather than religious apologetics, the less you'll need to fantasize about ass or kicking any.

#50     Jun 9, 2010