This is the kind of genius we are dealing with from the far left.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Aug 17, 2011.

1. Ricter

Ricter

What the hell are you talking about? The government should have purchased a more expensive bus made "entirely" in the US (if there is such an animal)??

#21     Aug 18, 2011
  2. g222

g222

Quote from tsing tao:

1. OK … but “he” said it was and you seemed to agree. No disrespect intended.
    2. The exportation of jobs offshore by some businesses has played no small part in what has turned around and bit the entire country in the ass. My solution is to make imported goods and services as competitive as necessary to restore our employment - by any means appropriate.
    3. Well, then I guess I’ll be asinine. Business is profit DRIVEN – as it should indeed be. GREED rules business. Profit is good. Greed … well … greed just could inspire a “business to more where it can find cheaper alternatives … and take its jobs with it.”
    4. I’m not that versed on a more national scene, but here in Florida, fewer are moving in and more have been leaving due to the cost of living: R.E. taxes, insurance, utilities, food, etc. We have no state income tax tanjouveddymunch.

#22     Aug 18, 2011
  3. Since when are you concerned about spending?

Answer: Only when it can be used as an excuse for your idol, Odumbo.

#23     Aug 18, 2011
  4. Ricter

Ricter

You have lost the country of origin argument.

#24     Aug 18, 2011
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Re: 2 - By Any means necessary. Well, you mean any means necessary except lowering taxes, right? So how would you do it? Remember, you (as government in this example) don't have a lot of things you can do short of taxing imports or restricting them in some capacity. You can't force corporations to lower their prices or keep jobs here (unless you want to go all Hugo Chavez on the country). So how would you do it?

Re: 3 - ok, then be asinine. You can tout what greed does to corporations, but they work for their stockholders, and their job is to maximize profit. Unless you've got some radical way of changing that, expect it to continue. Business have to make profit - enough profit to entice people to buy their stock. If they don't, people go to their competition for stock to get better returns.

Re: 4 - You are flat out wrong about Florida, and the latest Census data proves it. Population has been steadily increasing in tax friendly states, and decreasing in states with more hostile tax code. Tax isn't the only reason, of course, but it is a big reason. In regards to Florida, Each Census since 1915 or so has shown an increase in congressional seats (which is commensurate with population from what I gather).

Even I'm moving to Florida in a two months! :)

#25     Aug 18, 2011

6. What do you have to say to this: the corporation delays the distribution by X years, which makes the tax that would have been paid now similar to a loan from uncle sam with zero interest and paid (if paid at all) with lower value dollar. In effect, a loan with negative interest rate from uncle sam to joe the corporation owner.

Should you say sorry to the guy you responded to?

#26     Aug 18, 2011
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

So you're blaming corporations for the lower value dollar? Isn't it the government (Federal Reserve) policy of depreciating the currency at fault on that?

#27     Aug 18, 2011
  8. g222

g222

TT - First of all, I have nothing against capitalism and profit – nothing. However … we are living in extraordinary times right now and extraordinary times sometimes call for extraordinary measures. We live in one of the most tax-friendly countries in the taxable world … do I have a problem with corporations sharing the public’s bite??? Moi ??? TT, take a step back and open your eyes. In the face of higher taxes, would you expect corps to stand up and say ‘thank you, our execs can do without bonuses this year’ … or throw the fear of God into everybody with threats of more jobs lost if higher taxes are indeed levied ???

In ’09, Florida experienced its slowest growth rate since … Moses … fewer people moving in and more moving out. I may be wrong … but … flat out???

One last thing … the Federal Reserve is NOT a part of the government. It’s a PRIVATE BANK.
    D’ya think THAT might have anything to do with some of our …debt problems??

#28     Aug 18, 2011
  9. No. My point was that Taxes on corporations are not double taxation if one looks deeper (a lower dollar supports the argument).

#29     Aug 18, 2011
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

It is simply against the idea of capitalism to expect corporations not to maximize profit. That is their ultimate goal. Taxation lowers profit - I don't know how else to explain this to you. If there is an opportunity to increase profits by moving operations outside the taxing authority, they will. They don't have loyalty to Uncle Same, Old Glory, etc. Maybe they should, maybe not - that's irrelevant. They don't. They have loyalty to shareholders.

Now, if you want to make an argument that CEO compensation is a bit high, I can agree with that statement. I don't have a clue how you regulate that, but increasing taxes isn't going to change CEO compensation into job creation. It'll probably cause more CEOs to move offshore and then you lose all the income entirely and change nothing on the job front.

It still grew! And that's more than many states did. Slow or not. As for wrong vs. "Flat Out wrong"...wtf kind of argument is that? Try "Ok, I misspoke."

I know very well that the Fed is a private bank in charter. But who does it answer to? Congress. Who appoints it's Chairmen? The President. Ergo, it is government.

#30     Aug 18, 2011