This Is The Buy Of The Year

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Pa(b)st Prime, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Chood

Chood

I generously gave you about 10 hours warning with this post last night:

Next time I won't be as generous, maybe only 2 hours warning.

#31     Nov 1, 2007
  2. I think the OP was being sarcastic......

#32     Nov 1, 2007
  3. I am new to this Elite Trader and was hoping someone could give me some direction. I am looking for a firm that gives the most overnight buying power. I am looking to put up 100k-250k and start my own hedge fund. I have a series 7 and 55 which have expired along with about 8 years of daytrading experience with Generic, Worldco and Hold Bros. Generic was the only one that let me hold overnight, but that was some time ago. I have been out of the game for about 4 years, but want to get back in only if I can hold overnight positions.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

#33     Nov 1, 2007
  4. Ain't that the truth. White knuckle trading all the way!

#34     Nov 2, 2007
  5. Cutten

Cutten

So far no evidence it is grinding higher. The market is stuck in a range and has now failed three times to make a sustained break of the year 2000 highs on the S&P. IMO the next test will be to the *bottom* of the range. 1370.

#35     Nov 2, 2007
  6. Last chance to cover bears. Much higer 2 come

tech is huge

so is comodities and manufacturing, construction

#36     Nov 2, 2007
  7. turd3r.......how far OTM are you on those Rimm job/Bidu calls?

#37     Nov 2, 2007
  8. I only buy calls on ETF's (EWZ and FXI) and with 2 month expiration

I go long on bidu rimm

At this stage, the downside is only 100 points on dow upside 500 points easily

#38     Nov 2, 2007
  9. right but you have to be 25 handles + under water on the spx alone........i`m sure the mm`s are leaning on them big time......cut in half or down at least 50% is my guess?

#39     Nov 2, 2007
  10. I'll wager $10,000 for proof that he purchased calls yesterday {EWZ and FXI} in an amount exceeding $10,000 each. Also, the deal extends to proof of a purchase on BIDU and RIMM exceeding $50,000 notional on each. Proof meaning vetted brokerage statements.

#40     Nov 2, 2007