This is so F-ed up!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Rearden Metal, Jan 16, 2008.

1. nitro

nitro

All my systems are doing are racking up a massive commission bill.

nitro

#21     Jan 16, 2008
  2. OK, lets review....

tue
    Retail Sales dives, thats BAD
    PPI jump up, thats BAD

add on to this...

wed
    INTL warns and CPI jumps. That's BAD too, right?
    NO!!!! That's GOOD.

It's all become so BAD that it's now all GOOD!!

Now the economy stinks so bad that we need help from the government...and that's good

#22     Jan 16, 2008
  3. <i>"All my systems are doing are racking up a massive commission bill."</i>

I managed to log +17pts ES after sitting out all of the action between 10:30am ~ 2:00pm est, and past 3:15pm est

Inside those zones I sat out were some monumental swings. I'm dialed down to a 250-tick chart these days, much faster game than I prefer to play. How many 10pt or greater swings in the ES were there? How long can these big-fund computer wars persist?

The overall trend is down, but v-reversals firing both directions are immediate & relentless. I don't recall the wild times of 2001 ~ 2002 being this tough, but maybe it's just me being that much older and slower now (chuckle)

New traders (still surviving) who cut their teeth in the 2005 ~ 2006 dead volatility period must have their heads spinning like a top these days.

#23     Jan 16, 2008
  4. GS and PPT met behind closed doors yesterday and changed the vix formula. The calculation is to exclude puts from now on and is to be known as core VIX.

#24     Jan 16, 2008
  5. Goldman sells vol -> Goldman writes "Vol as an Asset Class" -> Goldman buys vol to close position.

#25     Jan 17, 2008
  6. And you wonder how they can have such high ROR on so much AUM...

It's no surprise.

#26     Jan 17, 2008