**This is ridiculous**

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Port1385, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Thanks to Bush's "Jesus Jihad", they already know everything about you........ now they might as well know how big your willy is.

#31     Oct 22, 2008
  2. Actually, you're both correct. Both Bush and Clinton screwed the economy.

Short-term thinkers have to blame whomever has the economy in his hands at the time of the meltdown. They blame Bush. Those with short attention spans, usually in their 30s and 40s, blame any administration characterized (correctly) with poor qualities. They blame Clinton. Long-term thinkers and researchers of the root causes know better. They blame both.

Bush Sr. was part of the cronies who created NAFTA, GATT, et al, which made our economy dependent on what the world thinks instead of what the taxpayers think. Clinton signed it into law. Bush Jr. merely continued the tradition of those two, that of exporting jobs and ridding America of its manufacturing base and living-wage jobs. And Hussein is more of the same. Don't you get it? You can't get a seat to the party if you don't do what the wealthy and powerful want. And that seat is revocable. The international bankers get paid in good times and bad, and they are at the end of the money trail.

However, blame will not fix the problem. In fact, the people will not fix the problem because they cannot. Their leaders will not listen, even when the people DO have their heads out of their asses, free of partisan bullshit and media bias.

The solutions are already known, but nobody wants to swallow a pill that size and that long. Tough shit. That is the way out. But the strong men are nowhere to be found, so nothing changes.

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
    -- Edmund Burke

And yes, 70% total tax under Hussein is evil. It's called slavery. Go ahead and laugh, that's what the left did when Hillary or a black man were thought of as Presidential candidates. No predictions here, you just haven't been paying attention to the money trail.

#32     Oct 22, 2008
  3. Let's just say that the problems can't be summed up in one or two words. And if you look to put the blame, you could put the blame on any of the following:

- the great majority of all US presidents since Jackson
    - the existence central banks worldwide, including the Fed
    - over-leveraged banks and financial firms
    - the acceptance of massive debt as a valid business model
    - massive and growing national debt
    - over-easy monetary policies worldwide
    - corruption on wall street and in government
    - apathy and lack of awareness among the people
    - rampant borrowing among consumers
    - a consumer-based economy that produces little

.... etc...

#33     Oct 22, 2008
  4. This was started by Ronald Reagan (Deficits don't matter) and how appropriate it came crashing during Bush's years.

#34     Oct 22, 2008
  5. Your post is inclusive, which is not factually correct. There are some of us who live debt-free and receive interest from investment savings instead of living life wondering how to pay interest out.

Blanket statements are moronic, unless all in the group qualify. A simple addition of "in large part" or "the majority of" would have been appropriate.

Using the word "hate" in a multicultural setting like ET is equally moronic, since it is a political word and not a social word in common anymore.

America is still the best on earth. The little shits throw rocks. :cool:

#35     Oct 22, 2008
  6. Partisan and decidedly exclusive. Ignored. Come back when you have a mind for masculine analysis instead of feminine emotions.

#36     Oct 22, 2008
  7. I have long long held that belief........ but I'll be honest here..... there are some parts of Europe that no longer "lag" in that department as much as in the past. Especially sinse the Euro was enacted.

#37     Oct 22, 2008

8. Not to nit-pick, but you just spoke against issuing blanket statements, and then said "america is the best on earth". In what way or ways do you think that America is the best (nation) on earth, or for what reason(s)? Thanks.

#38     Oct 22, 2008
  9. Agreed. I travel to London, Paris and Prague once a quarter, and they have come a long way. They have cleaned up pretty well and now they need to get their people in line. But nobody beats the combination of freedom, rights and money in America. Even today.

#39     Oct 22, 2008
  10. I definitely didn't mean everyone, I just wouldn't include the phrase "majority of" , as I would assume that is already understood from the statement

ya, I don't get what you are trying to say about hate

america has it's pros, and in someways is better than most other countries, but is not the best, there really is no best country, they all suck in their own ways, specially in that that their cons out number their pros

#40     Oct 22, 2008