This is probably why we have been selling off

Discussion in 'Trading' started by nitro, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Anyone notice that with each spike down in the Stock Market (August/Jan/recent) the bounce has been more and more short-lived.

Ben's credibility is, well shot.

pS

Oh I know, tomorrow the US announces that China has been hording trillions of dollars over the last 50 years and is happy to step in and help us out.

Dow gaps up to 30,000 between 5:30:00 and 5:30:01

Headline says: Shorts Finally Learn The Lesson

:(

#11     Mar 13, 2008
  2. nitro

nitro

What is unsettling to me is that it seemed as if the market was trading yesterday day as if this news had leaked out.

The hardest part of trading once you have everything else in place is what is essentially impossible to tell: Whether a move is based on profit taking or inside information.

nitro :(

#12     Mar 13, 2008
  3. Mvic

Mvic

Ironically the Feds move yesterday to take asset backed securities as collateral for their new credoit facility encourages seizure of these assets as banks can use them to borrow treasuries. On the flip side it means that they won't need liquidate them.

#13     Mar 13, 2008
  4. nitro

nitro

Hmmmmmmmmm

nitro :(

#14     Mar 13, 2008
  5. It's Carlyle Capital that is in trouble.

They just announced to investors today that they have given up trying to re-structure their financing arrangement with the banks that loaned them money to leverage their mortgage-backed investments to the tune of 33:1 and are unable to meet the mounting margin calls.

The stock plummeted 88% today over in Amsterdam, where it trades.

Carlyle Capital is part of the Carlyle Group.

#15     Mar 13, 2008
  6. ammo

ammo

carlyle went under last nite, go to es journal, i posted last nite,www at around 12

;30 am, go to msn ,click news and theres a story came out at 1 am est on carlyle

#16     Mar 13, 2008
  7. nitro

nitro

Look at the time stamp of the first post in this thread.

nitro

#17     Mar 13, 2008
  8. yaaaawn no on cares. market will go higher real soon. Dow is now 50 points off lows. Very good sign.

#18     Mar 13, 2008
  9. sprstpd

sprstpd

Wow, the legend is back. Care to reimburse me for your "everything is okay" shpiel a few months ago? I invested everything long and tankaroo!

#19     Mar 13, 2008
  10. Anyone think Bear is going bankrupt? Any possible takers from any IBs that haven't had their balance sheets hammered? Private Equity has over $50 B on sidelines, would anyone pay for a US company in dollars these days? Even though the xenophobic takeover of america mantra has yet to gain steam, maybe when we hear that chant we know recession is here. PS - I am trying to learn to trade please PM me with any advice. I just quit a job wholesaling financial products for a godless corporation that redefines incompetence. That is so ____

#20     Mar 13, 2008