"This Is Only A Test......"

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Rogue Trader, Jan 31, 2002.

1. Josh_B

Josh_B

Great posts.!

It is truly amazing how simple it is, and yet appears so difficult.

The only real battle, really takes place between the trader's ears. Those who understand that, and minimize/eliminate the self inflicting wounds can and do reach their maximum trading potential.
    Easier said than done. As you said the "cleaning" process is not an easy one. Cleaning the barriers and seeing though the fog in the mind, takes time, determination and humility.

A very delicate process, almost like trying to install major portions of a new operating system while the old is still running.

Josh

#11     Feb 3, 2002
  2. Brother Candle, do you really believe you can "clear" yourself of well entrenched chronic self-defeating behaviours after only an hour of "visualization"?

This sounds much like L. Ron Hubbard's Scientology where one is "audited" to "clear" so-called past emotional baggage.

Also, isn't it possible these behaviours you seek to squelch are beneficial and instinctual in that they create fear and serve to prevent injury (financial in this sense)?

Well Brother?????

ProTrader1

#12     Feb 3, 2002
  3. Magna

Magna Administrator

ProTrader,

Oh Brother!
    Brother Candle, do you really believe you can "clear" yourself of well entrenched chronic self-defeating behaviours after only an hour of
    "visualization"?

Excellent question, but tread lightly as you might be un-brothered again...and even added to the terrorist hit list. :eek:

#13     Feb 3, 2002

4. Brother Protrader,

I concur that it is not possible to completely cleanse oneself of well-entrenched behaviours, as you have correctly alluded to.

Nevertheless, I feel that there was some value to be gleaned from but one hour of a visualization exercise... the cleansing process is ongoing, and will take time...

Sincerely and with brotherly affection,
    Candle

#14     Feb 3, 2002
  5. Brother Candle, thank you for your reply. May I ask, are you a Scientologist?

And please forgive this next question,

... but would your God condone the wanton taking of life as you so fervently demand?

Isn't there something in the "Ten Commandments" that discourages this?

Please advise.

And, as always,

Your Brother,

ProTrader1

#15     Feb 3, 2002
  6. Ah...the quick sand thread...
    It's so much fun trying to keep up with a thread when the posts are disappearing right under your nose - one second there was a post from nitro with a new and improved version of Candle's signature, checked the previous page for older posts, came back, it's gone.

Add to this the disappearing threads with titles such as "Read this before they delete the thread!!!", the elitetrader conspiracy theories (also disappearing,) the product placements, thread closings (unusually quick when related to a site sponsor,) spammers, sock puppets, trolls, Candle's call for the Inquisition, and last but not least Hitman's and Limbo's classy argument over which is worse, being old or ugly - this site is now almost as entertaining as the market itself.

Oh, well, back to trading. Gotta make a new GSCO doll.

voodoo

#16     Feb 4, 2002
  7. nitro

nitro

voodoo,

Huh?

What are you saying? I do sometimes edit my post because of spelling errors (thx tom_p) but I have _never_ removed a post!!??

please explain what "conspiracy" you are talking about? There must be some context that I may not be aware of here...?

nitro

#17     Feb 4, 2002
  8. BruceF

BruceF

If you don't like the term visualization, how about substituting it with Mental Rehersal? Most, if not all top athletes (and traders) plan their game out a head of time. They anticipate the positive and negative possible outcomes and how they will react to it. It's a very effective technique to maintain your focus throughout the day.

#18     Feb 4, 2002
  9. Ok nitro, never mind the part about your post. I changed the number of posts displayed on each elitetrader page and got a little confused :) I guess I need one of those idiot-proof web browsers - one without a back button.

The other stuff was not in reference to anything you did, 'conspiracy' was in reference to posts and threads in which someone claimed that anything critical of Dave Nassar is being removed (those posts were themselves removed.)

Anyway, sorry for the OT comments. :)

voodoo

#19     Feb 4, 2002