this is my last day posting in et

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, May 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Where did I ever advocate that anyone "keep silent"?

Where do you get this shit? I never said that, you just made it up.

LOL!! It's funny that you fancy your self as "the more enlightened people". I think you are the exact opposite. I think the "more enlightened people" know that 1) no one has all the answers, and that atheism and theism are both articles of faith, and that 2) each person's right to their own opinions and views is a far nobler virtue than religion or lack thereof.

In fact you are as much of a bigot about atheism as any Christian I have met.

#51     May 23, 2011
  2. stu

stu

The main response you've had to opinion which does not accept religion is to get angry and hostile. Your comment about molestation by Catholic priests is evidence.
    You say you've tolerance and will defend the right for anyone to have opinion, but then you are intolerant when they voice it.

They can what, just hold an opinion but shut up about it.
    That's right isn't it ?

#52     May 23, 2011
  3. Whoa! I thought Friday was your last day!!

#53     May 23, 2011
  4. i thought i was going to get raptured.

#54     May 23, 2011
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Well that was kinda stupid on your part, since only believers are supposed to get "raptured".

#55     May 23, 2011
  6. so it takes faith not to believe in a supernatural being that cant be seen or measured? one that supposedly picked a handfull of dirt,blew on it, and created man. now i understand why you have trouble with the word "enlightened".

#56     May 23, 2011
  7. Larson

Larson Guest

Okay, Free-Thinker does it not make sense that these sort of things would happen, as the world is undergoing tremendous economic and financial change at the moment. At each turning point in history, you will find these groups (Jehovah's Witnesses, Seventh Day Adventist, Pentecostals and others coming out with proclamations), even 200 years ago. But yet these groups are still around, having adjusted and in fact have grown. They obviously are filling a need. If you think those needs are stupid, etc., etc. Pisses you off doesn't it? These folks will get on with their lives and learn a valuable lesson in the process and either stay or assimilate into a different group. I agree though, it makes me cringe when dates are set because you know they are headed for a fall, but you can't tell them, they won't listen. What are you gonna do, pass a law against setting dates for the end of the world.

Furthermore, this is just a diversion from the real scam going on in DC.

#57     May 23, 2011
  8. all we can do is keep trying to educate.

"It appears to me (whether rightly or wrongly) that direct arguments against
    christianity and theism produce hardly any effect on the public; and freedom of
    thought is best promoted by the gradual illumination of men's minds which
    follows from the advance of science." [Darwin]

#58     May 23, 2011
  9. ==============
    I hope you change your mind,Free T.

Bill Gates may let you post free, free-T ;
    check your local library.

Also you just made a prediction;
    most of those turn out not true,[especially about the future] .If not in the Bible, real high %% are false.:D
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

#59     May 23, 2011
  10. The good thing about posting is you can always reincarnate under a different alias... :D

I read people were spending their life savings, maxing out their credit cards, etc, expecting they wouldn't have to be concerned with anything.

I'd be surprised if this Camping guy doesn't get sued by a lot of folks for fraud.

I bet Eric Holder prosecutes him before he ever prosecutes any senior big-bank executive. :D

#60     May 23, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.