this is my last day posting in et

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, May 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. http://tax.laws.com/state-tax/south-dakota-taxes

Consumers who buy products on Indian reservations are exempt from paying South Dakota sales taxes. Indian Reservations collect their own sales taxes, give the revenue to Pierre and are reimbursed according to the state population ratio of Native Americans to non-Native Americans within a county.

#31     May 22, 2011
  2. how stupid are you? if there are no business on the reservation for indians to buy their goods at they have to shop off the reservation where they are not exempt.
    have you ever been to a south dakota reservation? all they are is lots of empty land with clusters of homes here and there. here is what it looks like:

Employment Information

¡Recent reports vary but many point out that the median income on the Pine Ridge Reservation is approximately $2,600 to $3,500 per year.

¡The unemployment rate on Pine Ridge is said to be approximately 83-85% and can be higher during the winter months when travel is difficult or often impossible.

¡According to 2006 resources, about 97% of the population lives below Federal poverty levels.

¡There is little industry, technology, or commercial infrastructure on the Reservation to provide employment.

¡Rapid City, South Dakota is the nearest town of size (population approximately 57,700) for those who can travel to find work. It is located 120 miles from the Reservation. The nearest large city to Pine Ridge is Denver, Colorado located some 350 miles away.

#32     May 22, 2011
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Don't sell yourself short piker, you may yourself look stupid all the time.:p

#33     May 22, 2011
  4. Larson

Larson Guest

Superstition has usually been equated with the dark arts, occult, voodoo, witchcraft. I find it interesting that you choose to apply the term solely to religion, primarily Christianity at least on this board.

#34     May 22, 2011
  5. stu

stu

Religion nevertheless is a superstition. It fits the description.

Just because voodoo and witchcraft are not culturally accepted forms of superstition, whereas religion is in all it's endless varieties including Christianity, that cannot make religion any less of a superstition.

#35     May 23, 2011
  6. That's not the point. The point is FT's hate and hostility towards Christianity but not other religious expressions. He may well be an atheist, but he hates no religion with the tenacity and passion with which he hates Christianity.

I don't know why it isn't clear to everyone that he was violated by a Catholic priest when he was a child. It has sent him into a sheltered life of anti Christian crusading. It gives his lonely, boring, impoverished life in South Dakota meaning. I say let him keep it, it's all he's got really.

#36     May 23, 2011
  7. stu

stu

Well, it clearly was the point that Larson raised, and my response was directed toward it.
    How is your outburst not being hostile or hateful. The very same things you make accusation of.
    Apparently you did so merely in defense of superstition

#37     May 23, 2011
  8. I had no outburst and said nothing hateful. I never defended religion or "superstition" either.

I'm not religious, but I'm not an atheist. I'm an agnostic. Religion and atheism are for people who can't accept the fact that they really just don't know the answers and aren't going to know them. I'm at peace with the fact that I just don't know, so I don't pretend otherwise. However, I respect other people's religious views, and don't attack them if they don't agree with me.

In any case, it's odd that you'd speak of delusionality as you are most certainly a victim of it as I said nothing hateful and didn't offer any defense of "superstition". I do, however, offer defense for everyone to come to their own conclusions and have their own views.

#38     May 23, 2011
  9. clueless as usual. wrong about everything. i have only set foot in a catholic church once. that was for a funeral. the branch of christianity i belonged to considered catholics a cult.
    i talk about christians because that is what populates this place. how much fun would it be to bash muslims on et. nobody would debate with me.
    as far as impoverished. i retired from the business world at age 45. i dont have to work for a living anymore and i bet i could write a check for everything you own and never call the bank. as far as boring. i do what i want when i want and dont have to worry about the cost. you should be so lucky.

#39     May 23, 2011
  10. absolute agnosticism is a cop out. You are conceding that you are not competent enough to make a rational analysis based on fact. There is no absolute certainty in this world, yet it is safe to make general assumptions based on proven facts. I know there is no big foot, I know there are no wizards and witches or god, because I put my trust in the concept of verifiable evidence.

#40     May 23, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.