This is mind blowing

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Maverick74, Jan 20, 2011.

1. pspr

pspr

Wow. I don't see a single building that was there in 1990.

#21     Jan 21, 2011
  2. #22     Jan 21, 2011
  3. Actually, NOTHING in the article I presented shows any ability whatsoever for GM to get out of the shit hole any sooner! :eek:

By taking US TAX DOLLARS off to mexico leaves detroit and other american cities in the $HITHOLE longer. :eek:

#23     Jan 21, 2011
  4. Specterx

Specterx

The three tall buildings in the foreground of the 1990 photo are actually still there (two on the left and the clock tower on the right). The pyramid building is lit up green in the bottom-left of the 2010 photo, with the flat-roofed building next to it, and the clock tower is lit up white in the bottom-center.

#24     Jan 22, 2011
  5. You forgot to mention that US tax payers are subsidizing $6k per GM vehicle built and sold in China. We saved GM so they can move their factories overseas and pay taxes on profits in China.

#25     Jan 22, 2011
  6. Yes indeed......and all by DESIGN!

#26     Jan 22, 2011
  7. Shanghai is quite beautiful and unique, puxi and pudong are separated by the main river. Puxi is the historical district of shanghai, it contains architecture styles from all over the world because when west invaded china in the 1900s, they divided up puxi and each country built their own architecture style, so all the buildings are different. Luckily the japs didnt destroy them when they invaded.

Pudong is the new district, it started as vacant land in the 90s and now contains some of the world's most advanced highrises. So if you take a boat ride on the huangpu river, one side is the historical roman-esque landscape, other side is all modern futuristic skyscrapers, very distinct contrast.

Shanghai cityscape in 4 years, Shanghai Tower that's being constructed right now will be significantly taller than the rest.
    [​IMG]

Puxi historical district:
    [​IMG]

Here are some photos of the world trade expo 2010 (whole thing built from scratch in <3 years). i took them myself on my last trip.

Most people here believe chinese just copies and steals everything from us. I think that's how it was when they started to rise, but now it's scary how far in the dust they are leaving the usa behind. It took us 10, that's TEN fucking years just to START reconstructing the wtc - the symbol of american resolve.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#27     Jan 22, 2011
  8. oh here's the gm building, they are so popular in china, they built a whole showcase center just for themselves. No doubt using american taxpayer's money while abandoning its factories in the usa...

[​IMG]

#28     Jan 22, 2011
  9. C6H12O6

C6H12O6

Be serious, you can't compare apples and oranges.
    If the quality of chinese buildings is like the average quality of their other products, in 10 years those buildings will collapse in dust on their own :D

#29     Jan 22, 2011
  10. You're probably right. I forget the descriptive word Trump used to describe the quality of buildings in China but it wasn't flattering.

#30     Jan 22, 2011