this is like 1873, not 1929

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Mav88, Oct 16, 2008.

1. When I said ...vote for Nader, that voting doesn't do shit Was my point, and knowing our pathetic lives are a game for whom or what ever doesn't help any more than not knowing ...hornets in a jar. Are you pissed at stupid people because they don't rise up against it? That they're boring doesn't make them worthless. My mother in law is just the most decent and generous person in the world, I know alot of less than erudite people that are just decent folk, I wouldn't denigrate them for not being able to quote JD Rockefeller. They have worth for other reasons than my entertainment, which I have other outlets for.

Your posts are among the most interesting here, maybe thats patronizing -- the truth at the same time ...whatever. You must have relatives you like that aren't briilliant minds. Keep posting, I'll keep reading.

cordially,

#31     Oct 17, 2008
  2. honestly, I'm really bored right now, so I'm gonna make it short

no because I hate humans in general, I see them as one of the most crappiest entities that could have existed, the only reason I show interest towards those who use their intelligence to screw over people, is because they are actually fucking with them

and don't ask me why I love hating them, maybe because hating is my source of energy

#32     Oct 18, 2008
  3. Well, at least you didn't type "mostest crappiest"

#33     Oct 18, 2008
  4. Mecro

Mecro

That's funny, cause he would prefer you dead or as a mindless slave.

Like I said, some people are willing to be lamb to the slaughter, and actually love it.

#34     Oct 20, 2008
  5. The Great Depression was worse in individual impact and hence is better remembered than '73. Agreed that '73 is a better parallel to today, but folks use '29 as a general reference to hard times at a depression level.

If you're not ready, get ready.

#35     Oct 20, 2008
  6. I could imagine that, but don't worry about me, cause I don't care to worry about you, maybe I'm happy with it, maybe what they do sets the stage for me to carry out my will, anyhow you're right some people love to be slaves, maybe even me

here's a funny music video, the best part is how Maxwell cares for and tries to save those who defend him:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZIkCTGoE4DY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZIkCTGoE4DY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#36     Oct 20, 2008
  7. Anyhow.... currently we are experiencing deflation. We would have experienced that without the credit crisis to some extent, it always happens to large ticket items like houses and cars at this point in the business cycle. The politicians are treating it like it IS the crisis. It will go on for awhile until the money oversupply catches up with us and once inflation starts it will run away. The public sector budgets total to about half the GDP, lots of people work for the public sector, lots of people subcontract for the public sector, and lots of welfare communities are dependent on the public sector. Much of the votes for Democrats come from people that depend on the public sector so the Democrats will be in power and faced with the loss of votes if they don't run the printing presses even more...

#37     Oct 20, 2008
  8. i agree with most of what you said, specially that there will be high inflation

#38     Oct 20, 2008
  9. I know I'm bumping a month old thread here, I've just discovered it. Really amazing stuff!

Now I read a book a few months ago before this thread that it was shocking what the book contained. It's called "Bulls and Bears of New York". It's an old book, written in the period, sometimes late 19th century. It's written by someone of the times.

For about 5 pages he talks how the panic of 1873 was caused by a select group of people, this is someone who lived during the times who said it. He said that you have one or two dozen men all simultaneously demand to withdraw large sums of money from banks, and that weakened the whole system, maybe even contracting it at that point.

The period leading up to 1873 was full of wild speculation in railroads, and real estate as the article says, and then it all blew out, banks dropped left and right, everyone declared bankrupcy and had huge personal debts. And the perpetrators bought everything on the cheap. So there. Now as always, I'd like Mecro to provide more evidence to his posts, because Jay Cooke's bank actually went bankrupt so I don't know how he benefited from the plot.

And as to what you can do? Well the good news is that the people in power will always be the minority by definition.

#39     Nov 19, 2008